Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ding!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:23 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Default Ding!

So the recycler bin, fell over onto my car last night, and left a little ding above the passenger fender. The more I think of it, someone MAY have intentionally pushed it onto my car, but it was windy last night and physics can be strange.

Anyways, its small, maybe about 1/4 inch line. Its not as noticable but its irritating and I know its there. Is this something worth fixing up? What is the average cost to fix a small ding and what does the shop have to do to fix it?
Old 02-26-2010, 09:41 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

chances are the only person to know its there is you. I think it would cost more than its worth but pascal can give you a better idea

sorry to hear though, i know how it must anger you
Old 02-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Most body shops have a guy that can fix those inexpensively. Ask around and stop by one or two.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

ANOTHER REASON TO NOT RECYCLE! (just kidding)

Sorry to hear about the ding, you should HIDE your mustang voodoo doll somewhere safer
Old 02-26-2010, 10:53 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Most body shops have a guy that can fix those inexpensively. Ask around and stop by one or two.
Yep, as well as used car dealers. They know guys with mobile shops that will repair their cars like new.
Ask around.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:09 PM
CSS996
2nd Gear Member

Yeah.... Paintless dent repair. Those guys pop up all over the place after a hail storm. Shouldn't cost too much.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Steal and destroy the offending bin.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
ptaylor_9849
2nd Gear Member

I had a small ding on my rear fender. I took it to a paintless dent repair pro with a great reputation and I absolutely could not believe my eyes. He removed it COMPLETELY with a board, mirror and tool. Took about 20 minutes and cost me $50. Every day I walk up to my car and look for the ding and I cannot find it. They place the mirror on the ding so they be be certain it's gone from all angles.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:04 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fred Malibu
ANOTHER REASON TO NOT RECYCLE! (just kidding)

Sorry to hear about the ding, you should HIDE your mustang voodoo doll somewhere safer
LOL!

Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
I had a small ding on my rear fender. I took it to a paintless dent repair pro with a great reputation and I absolutely could not believe my eyes. He removed it COMPLETELY with a board, mirror and tool. Took about 20 minutes and cost me $50. Every day I walk up to my car and look for the ding and I cannot find it. They place the mirror on the ding so they be be certain it's gone from all angles.
At first glance this morning, I didn't even notice it. I thought I actually got away with something, so I promptly removed the offending bin, dragged it far away and left it there. Then I went to take a 2nd look and there it was.

I don't think people would notice it was there and it's mostly noticeable at an angle. I'll think about the paintless dent repair and see if it's worth to spend that money right now. I was pretty upset this morning but would rather spend that $50-$75 bucks to make a more noticeable good look on my car. This is a DD so dings are the inevitable and guess something I have to live with, but why at home
Old 02-26-2010, 04:10 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

I have had too many of these happening to recall!! The most recent was this last snowy weather we have had in MD.... I had a huge slab of ice fall from the roof of my town home and onto the trunk and roof of the Mustang.

I had 2 huge dents in the roof and 3 on the trunk. $320 bucks later, you can't even tell that they were there!! However, I would have much rather spent that money on other mods, but glad I got it done.

Sorry to hear about yours..... if you see it, it's going to eat away at you so I would just get it repaired.

Quick Reply: Ding!