Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detailing Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Black 05 Stang

Default Detailing Help

Ok i recently bought my 2005 Mustang Gt black with black leather interior and its in very good condition like ridiculous good condition and i want to keep this maintance up so basically what is the best exterior cleaning and interior cleaning i should do?

Also what you guys think about amorall leather wipes from what my cousin tells me amoral has alcohol and it drys it up so let me know what you think Thanks.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Exterior is your standard waxing and polishing, though if someone is willing to post a step by step way they do their waxing and polishing, that'd be great.

Today I did a full clean on my black leather interior. I prefer to use Meguiar's interior products. There may be other great brands out there as well, just make sure you stay away from the Armor All stuff, that stuff actually drys out our leather. I use Meguiar's leather care spray and the standard interior cleaning spray.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:02 AM
mstngsule68
4th Gear Member

as for the exterior, i just use a pressure washer with a fan blade nozzle, wash it all off, then put the soaping attachment and spray it down with an automotive soap, scrub with a basic wash mit, rinse it off very well, dry it off, use a turtle wax by hand application, wipe it off, and thats it for the ex. then for the interior, i like to use the armoral wipes for the dash, and that stuff, as for the leather i like the Meguiars Gold Class rich leather spray. also just any tire shine of your choice as well. and rain-x for the exterior windows too. and if u have tint dont use any chemicals, just water. i have also heard great things about clay bar, but havent tryed it.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:15 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

To clean the interior I like to use simple green and water. Then I use either meguiars or Eagle 1 products.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Black 05 Stang

thx guys im gonna try that meguires interior spray im about to leave now to go buy some. i already have standard turtle wax which i just got done doing just to my hood area and it looks fantastic.

Also my dad just introduced to me this spray detailer. He tells me to only wax your car like once every 3 to 6 months and use this spray wax detalier for between we got done using it and looks just like you got done waxing it.

What is your thought on the spray detalier product?
Old 02-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

I haven't heard about it too much, but I'm usually pretty wary about any kind of easy on detail sprays
From my experience detailing shortcuts aren't usually worth the time you save.just give it a good wax job by hand, it'll last longer and I don't know about you but I.love spending tome detailing my black stang, its what I reserve my Saturday mornings for
Old 02-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Black 05 Stang

yea i beleive im gonna have to do the same is reserve my saturday mornings now cause black looks amazing when its clean just when its not your like damn. Also found a new enemy i dont know about you guys but i live in florida and pollen is a bitch i got done washing my car drove it for 5 mins got back got out and looked at my car and just see yellow streaks all over it. But when i waxed it seems like pollen dosent stick as easily. Your opinons?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black 05 Stang

Also my dad just introduced to me this spray detailer. He tells me to only wax your car like once every 3 to 6 months and use this spray wax detalier for between we got done using it and looks just like you got done waxing it.

What is your thought on the spray detalier product?
I think spray detailer is great to use between wax jobs, and also to use shortly after a wax job. When you use it shortly after a wax job, it gets off any wax residue you might have left. Some people spray on distilled water for that purpose, but I prefer the spray detailer. It's easy to use--just spray on and wipe off. I prefer Meguiar's #135 used with Meguiar's #9910 microfiber cloths. If these products are not available at your local auto parts store, you can order online from Meguiar's.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:09 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

What about exterior vinyl such as door stripes? I've heard you're not supposed to use wax on vinyl but I kinda sorta had to a wee bit when I waxed the car for the winter.

I also plan on claying the car when the weather gets warm...will claybar hurt vinyl?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:23 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

instead of waxing i would use a clay bar. that stuff really works well and then in a couple of months u could wax but the clay is best

Quick Reply: Detailing Help