Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaftmasters experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:27 PM
NavAv
1st Gear Member

Default Shaftmasters experience

I just got my new shaftmasters driveshaft installed today and I have to say that I'm very impressed. It made a big difference in how the car feels, it just feels a lot lighter.

I got the 3.5" direct bolt in shaft and have no issues with vibration or anything like that, its very smooth. Also got rid of all the slop in the drivetrain. It did take a little while to install though as this is my first time putting in a driveshaft.

I have to give kudos to all the folks at shaftmasters. They were a pleasure to deal with, and even dropped the price a little because they were a day or two behind. Bob even helped me out today when I had a question about the fitment (I don't think they're open on Sundays).

Overall I highly recommend shaftmasters to everyone, especially now that they have the 3.5" direct bolt in shaft for much less than all the other brands
Old 03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
JimC

Congratulations - they are a great company. The "lighter" feel is exactly what I thought when I put my new driveshaft on.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

I'm working through vibration issues now with mine. Got my fingers crossed for a test drive tomorrow. Bob from Shaftmasters reached out to me directly and offered his assistance...on a Sunday. I was very impressed. It speaks to the quality of the people they have to be available to hear about issues customers have, especially after changing designs. They seem to really stand by their product, and that's something refreshing in these times.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

does shaftmasters make a reasonably priced carbon fiber driveshaft?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

I'm glad to hear so many great things about shaftmasters. Makes my decision very easy when it comes time for me to upgrade.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM
NavAv
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
I'm working through vibration issues now with mine. Got my fingers crossed for a test drive tomorrow. Bob from Shaftmasters reached out to me directly and offered his assistance...on a Sunday. I was very impressed. It speaks to the quality of the people they have to be available to hear about issues customers have, especially after changing designs. They seem to really stand by their product, and that's something refreshing in these times.
ya it was the same for me. i spoke to bob several times this past sunday and he helped me figure out the hang up i was having. great company...
Old 03-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Sp3kter
1st Gear Member

I got the direct bolt on a few weeks ago but we have been having snow and rain the past few weeks so i have not installed my. By the way how hard was it to properly torque the hex bolts they included in the kit?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:55 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
So whats going on to solve your vibration issue?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cal26Stang
does shaftmasters make a reasonably priced carbon fiber driveshaft?
They should definitly consider it if they have the means. I'd buy it. Seems BMR and PST would be the only competitors, and they leave something to be desired..
Old 03-02-2010, 05:39 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
So whats going on to solve your vibration issue?
Last night I unbolted it (everything was good and tight after initial test drive). I may have spilled WAY too much threadlocker on the pinion flange bolts and it took insane power, a trip to Sears for a crazy long 10mm box wrench, and about an hour to get 2 of the bolts off. Lesson learned...

ANYWAY, I rotated the driveshaft 180 degrees keeping the plates oriented, and I was hoping to test drive tonight but there's rain...

If the 180-degree rotation doesn't work, I don't know how effective multiple other rotations will be... Aside from that, there's not much else I can do without sinking hundreds of dollars into the car for an adjustable UCA...which I'm 99% sure I don't need with just a 1" drop in the rear.

This situation is perplexing, and I really hope I can keep the driveshaft...

Quick Reply: Shaftmasters experience