Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

likely hood of a 5.0 in my driveway by the end of may??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Default likely hood of a 5.0 in my driveway by the end of may??

So seriously will they have been out long enough for me to just walk to the ford dealership and have one by the end of may, if the answer is no, screw it im going for the 4.6. or a camaro. Im tired of having no info at all on when this is supposed to come out. Magazines all talk about it, how great it is, but never tell you when to expect it. Ford has almost no info about it on their site, yet lots of info about the new v-6.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:46 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

If they want to push them out as quickly as they did the 2010, then yes, May sounds about right. I bought mine in May last year, and that is when the 2010's were hitting the streets. If they wait it out a little to boost 2010 sales, then most likely summer. Either way, if you are the first one there, looking to buy, you should expect no price haggling.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 PM
j0nx
2nd Gear Member

Would love to trade mine for a new V6 but not going to take that kind of hit on mine even though its already half paid off. Don't want a new one that bad. Maybe in a year when mine is nearly paid off.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

im just not happy with how quit ford is being, No dealer in the area knows, online all says the same thing. its like It could come out tomorrow, or next year, with my luck I will get sick of waiting and buy a 10 then a week later the dealer gets a shipment of 11's.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:18 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

I asked my local dealer just a few days ago, and they said they'll have 2011's on the lot by June.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

You must not have looked too hard. Several of us have posted about our build dates. Mine's scheduled for the 29th of this month.

Come to Vegas, we'll sell you one.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:30 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam I am
You must not have looked too hard. Several of us have posted about our build dates. Mine's scheduled for the 29th of this month.

Come to Vegas, we'll sell you one.
Yeah, the dealer said that most of the "ordered" 2011s will show up sooner but as far as having them "up for grabs" sitting on the lot, he expected it would be June. That goes to show you the demand that's out there for the 2011's.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

hmm wonder why 6 local dealers have no idea then. If I could order one and knew when it would be in. I would. IM starting to get impatient. I have been looking since may of 09, then my house required 60k worth of work so that took my money, but I got it all saved up again so im ready to buy while the iron is hot. But both the camaro and challenger are quite tempting too. Im not real brand loyal, other than I miss my 95 gt more than anything else in the world, which puts a new mustang much higher on the list. And that I can trust ford will back up their product more than GM or chrysler with them both having financial issues.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:43 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

FWIW, I ordered mine the last week of March last year and it came in the first week of May. There were a couple on the lots for sale about a week prior to mine arriving.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:44 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam I am
Mine's scheduled for the 29th of this month.
Is your new one going to look like your "old" one?

Quick Reply: likely hood of a 5.0 in my driveway by the end of may??