Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I do alright in my purchase? 2006 KB S/C GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 PM
05stangguy
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, finally got to take the car out today and really give her the first test drive. The car sounds INSANE, and the power is just unreal, I've never experienced anything like that. The only thing that i can't figure out is, there seems to be a sort of "clunking" sound when turning hard to the left or right, does anyone have any idea what it could be? it feels to be in the back of the vehicle, I'm sure it has something to do with my suspension. Could it be normal? Thanks guys

Chris
Old 03-09-2010, 11:46 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Wow....some people have all the luck. I'd say you stumbled upon a very deluxe car with some schweeeet "options". Congrats.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:30 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 05stangguy
Orlando bro...I gotta hook up with some of you local guys, I'm sure I still have alot to learn about these cars and could use some help. I grew up in oviedo, been here 15 years, lived in waterford, and then just recently moved over to winter park
I live in Winter Park...
We must be neighbors, lol.

Congrats on the car.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:58 AM
liberty911
2nd Gear Member

The only thing that i can't figure out is, there seems to be a sort of "clunking" sound when turning hard to the left or right, does anyone have any idea what it could be? it feels to be in the back of the vehicle,
Spool differential?
Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 PM
05stangguy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I live in Winter Park...
We must be neighbors, lol.

Congrats on the car.
hey pascal, im sending you a PM, im off of university and semoran area.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Black_N_Blown
1st Gear Member

Thats a great deal and a great looking car congrats. I wanna know how your making that much power, I have the same blower only differnce is im running 9 lbs. and im at 420 whp ? 1lb doesent make that big of a difference does it?

/
Old 03-10-2010, 11:18 PM
05stangguy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black_N_Blown
Thats a great deal and a great looking car congrats. I wanna know how your making that much power, I have the same blower only differnce is im running 9 lbs. and im at 420 whp ? 1lb doesent make that big of a difference does it?
/
hmmm...From what I understand yes it possibly could. What kind of exhaust do you have? What kind of intake system do you have? ( i assume your using kenne bells system so thats probably a dumb point) I am running a full Mac exhaust OR H pipe as well, however of course that is not going to give me an extra 50rwhp over you...Maybe your car is tuned extremely rich compared to mine? I am not using the stock kenne bell tune I am pretty sure. I am taking my car to VMP tuning here in FL next week so i will have a few more answers for you.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Black_N_Blown
1st Gear Member

hmmm...From what I understand yes it possibly could. What kind of exhaust do you have? What kind of intake system do you have? ( i assume your using kenne bells system so thats probably a dumb point) I am running a full Mac exhaust OR H pipe as well, however of course that is not going to give me an extra 50rwhp over you...Maybe your car is tuned extremely rich compared to mine? I am not using the stock kenne bell tune I am pretty sure. I am taking my car to VMP tuning here in FL next week so i will have a few more answers for you.
All I have are the loud mouths ( so no mufflers) yeah the same intake as you.
I think the H pipe plus a good tune could do it, I'm just using kenne bells tune and from what i hear its not the best there is. but yeah let me know what you find out
Old 03-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Hey guys, finally got to take the car out today and really give her the first test drive. The car sounds INSANE, and the power is just unreal, I've never experienced anything like that. The only thing that i can't figure out is, there seems to be a sort of "clunking" sound when turning hard to the left or right, does anyone have any idea what it could be? it feels to be in the back of the vehicle, I'm sure it has something to do with my suspension. Could it be normal? Thanks guys

Chris
When my 05 gt made the same noise I took it in to the dealership and there was a tsb for the upper strut bearing. My car was 1 month old at the time. Hope this helps
Old 03-11-2010, 07:30 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

hey pascal, im sending you a PM, im off of university and semoran area.
Got it.

VMP tuning will sort the car out for you.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Did I do alright in my purchase? 2006 KB S/C GT