Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 11:52 PM
PonyBred

Default Warranty Issue

Just sending out a warning to everyone since a lot of people's warranties are starting to expire. If you have any issues with your mustang be sure to get it fixed properly before your warranty expires, otherwise Ford will not pay for the repair even if you reported the problem under warranty.

I have a 2006 Mustang GT and I reported a rattling sound coming from under my hood while my warranty was still active. I brought my car to my dealership twice and they could not fix the problem. I finally brought my car to another dealership and they discovered the problem (TSB 08-2-10, seen a lot of posts on here about the issue), however by then my warranty expired. Now, Ford is saying that I need to pay for the repair (~$500) since my warranty is expired, even though I reported it while it was active.

I spoke repeatedly with the service manager, called Ford's customer service, filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and even wrote a letter to the Ford Board of Directors. Nobody has been able to help. My next step is filing a complaint with the Attorney General. Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know about this so you don't get into the same situation I am
Old 03-14-2010, 12:43 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

that totally does not surprise me

i will never buy a ford again simply because they are there to sell you a car

once you need service, they will say up yours and screw you over every chance you get

they did it with me multiple times

good luck on your fight
Old 03-14-2010, 12:17 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Ya I just took my car to the dealership to get all the warranty issues done on my 07 since my warranty expires next week. They have had my car all weekend. Still haven't heard if they started to fix the things on my long list of problems. Fuel fill problem, tranny shutters, hood shake, water leak in both windows, trunk light melted, fender liners are bent and falling apart. Guess now I will have to stay on top of it to make sure it gets fixed right before my warranty expires.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

If you have a TV station in your area with a consumer help line, you could try contacting someone there. If DMV is the agency that licenses new car dealers in your state, you could file a complaint with them. Good luck.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Of the more than dozen vehicles I've owned covering about 5 different makes, Toyota was the only one that I've had the best track record with AFTER my warranties had expired including dealing with 3 different Toyota dealerships. My Stang warranty expires in 3 months and I'm NOT looking forward to the "here after".
Old 03-15-2010, 04:37 AM
mstngsule68
4th Gear Member

one tip, extended warranty.....
Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I have an exteded warranty so it doesn't matter THAT much anyway but the way you deal with this problem is to have the dealer file an open ended warranty issue. This means the dealer is recognizing there is a problem; however they could not solve it. There's a clunking on my car that we left as an open issue. Should the dealer find my problem and solve it, they will cover it....
Old 03-15-2010, 09:42 AM
PonyBred

Thanks for the input...I already contacted my local news consumer help line. They recommended taking the issue to the Attorney General, which is where I'm at now.

Unfortunately, I didn't think of opening an open ended warranty issue. The problem was that they told me they fixed the problem, when actually they just misdiagnosed it. I didn't realize I was having the same problem until my warranty was out.

This was also the first car I've ever bought. When I do buy another car it definitely will not be a Ford.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PonyBred
Thanks for the input...I already contacted my local news consumer help line. They recommended taking the issue to the Attorney General, which is where I'm at now.

Unfortunately, I didn't think of opening an open ended warranty issue. The problem was that they told me they fixed the problem, when actually they just misdiagnosed it. I didn't realize I was having the same problem until my warranty was out.

This was also the first car I've ever bought. When I do buy another car it definitely will not be a Ford.
If you have written documentation that states that they diagnosed AND attempted a fix of a specific problem AND that problem is now still occurring, I'm pretty confident that they are required to go good on it. It's not your problem that they misdiagnosed. I'm not up on all the laws, etc, but when I was going through the water leak ordeal with the BBB, Ford, etc, all that mattered was that the original problem was documented before the warranty expired. Of course that doesn't mean that they will just abide by the rules/laws without jerking you around.

I hope you get enough attention via the media, BBB, AG, etc to get them to fix it correctly (which is what they should have done in the first place).
Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 AM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Well I left my car at Ford Dealer all Weekend Fri, Sat, Sun. Picked it up Monday morning. They didn't even look at it or try to fix any of my warranty issues. Said they don't give out rental cars anymore unless you have the extended warranty. I think its bs. But am gonna take it back on Thurs. Since my warranty expires next week.

Quick Reply: Warranty Issue