Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To the Mods, Some concerns

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:19 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by pascal
Well, now that you're handling it, it's pretty much spot on.
It is indeed a good bunch there, with good infos as well.

I apologize for not mentioning them earlier...
Thanks, and no worries

To the OP, it is up and down all the time, so just try and overlook the posts that seem questionable, if they are outright wrong, just let us know
Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Is this the only forum you check? The rest of the internet automobile enthusiasts forums are cesspools compared to this site. The is the most properly managed forum I've ever read. Period.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:49 AM
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Well after a while most of the worthwhile modifications and basic repairs have been covered so to constantly come out with new write ups can be difficult, after all who wants to see a brake change thread every week? Sure some people can be smart*ss*s myself included, but thats just an attempt to liven things up, at least that is my intention when I post some responses.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VRFlip
Is this the only forum you check? The rest of the internet automobile enthusiasts forums are cesspools compared to this site. The is the most properly managed forum I've ever read. Period.
I couldn't agree more. As a 20 yr mechanic and being 41 yrs old the last thing I need is some idiotic 14 year old kid trolling the forums and posting nonsense or giving tech info when they obviously don't have a clue. Some of the other forums with the exception of one ( the S-***forum), which is good tech, is full of these juvenile idiots. I browse the other Mustang forums but find this site the only one I find worth the time being a member of.

So yes, good job mods!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

vack - consider being a little picky about which topics you're going to open up and get involved in. Consider bailing out of a thread if you ever feel that you're having to reach too hard to say much of anything useful - at that point you probably are. Leaving without posting anything at all is certainly a valid option, and nobody will ever know the difference. Trust me, you'll have it easier, and the trolls will have that much less to work with.

For the most part, the Classic section and the various S197 sections are pretty comfortable places to be. Sure, there will be some contentious topics from time to time (the infamous remote start threads and early discussions of the 2010 styling come to mind). But by and large, things seem to go smoothly enough.

I think I know what hawkeye is getting at. Younger members having a lifetime with the capability of near-instantaneous but horribly shortcut communication methods (I'm talking anything from IM to texting and tweeting here) is leading to big gaps between what is intended, what gets sent, and how it gets interpreted at the other end. Sometimes, being too stingy with the keystrokes is not a good thing. Maybe most times where thoughtful discussion is expected.

Elsewhere (and I won't say where, only that it's happened on more than one site), I have seen excessive, heavy-handed moderator intervention. Take my word for it that you don't want that happening here. Everybody loses.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 04-07-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 AM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

The mods do a great job, however I believe that stupid questions deserve stupid answers. the following questions qualify as stupid:
Why didn't you guys buy a v8 instead of the v6? or gt to gt500
Besides the number of legit reasons, this is a mustang forum, not a GT forum GTFO!

Hey guy im new, what i mods should i do to my car?
You should learn to read and search and do things for yourself GTFO!

Im car shopping, should i get a mustang or insert competition here?
This is a mustang forum, we part of this forum because we are a fan of Mustangs, GTFO!

i just noticed my floor mat is wet. has anyone else noticed this? or any highly discussed TSB
We have noticed that you cannot read. do a search or GTFO

I was wondering, would 93 octane help my bone stock car? cause i use it all the time. or oil weight or how to do something that is clearly discussed in the manual
read the manual. read the forums, learn to google. learn to do things for yourself. also GTFO

Now these are the answers i or we want to give and not the ones i have given. I love these forums and think all threads, except for the ones with questions like those above, are informative and helpful. However people who ask questions like these that need to know that it is not ok to post things like that, or these questions will continue.

Last edited by MoneyShot; 04-07-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:22 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

I don't know much about the S197 area, but all in all, I think this site is run pretty damn well. There are a few mods that I know I can go to when I think something is amiss. Even if they can't jump on and handle it right then, I know it will get handled. You will have trolls, no matter what forum you are on, heck, there was a OT thread about a church forum, I swear it was made by trolls for trolls. I hang out in OT and I have seen a lot of crap go down in there, but I couldn't stand that other site. Then, you have the overly restrictive sites, like a local race forum, where even there OT is heavily moderated, it isn't any kind of fun. I think even in OT, they keep a good balance.

Oh, Moneyshot, right on, but you forgot to mention the two biggest...

Exhaust Thread- What is better o/r x or h? Or Which catback sounds the best
Gear Thread- 4.10 or 3.73?

I answer them for post count, that is the only reason and my answer is usually "check the sig"

Last edited by ChalknCover; 04-07-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:24 AM
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Originally Posted by BlueBloodedPony
I don't know much about the S197 area, but all in all, I think this site is run pretty damn well. There are a few mods that I know I can go to when I think something is amiss. Even if they can't jump on and handle it right then, I know it will get handled. You will have trolls, no matter what forum you are on, heck, there was a OT thread about a church forum, I swear it was made by trolls for trolls. I hang out in OT and I have seen a lot of crap go down in there, but I couldn't stand that other site. Then, you have the overly restrictive sites, like a local race forum, where even there OT is heavily moderated, it isn't any kind of fun. I think even in OT, they keep a good balance.
Ah the church discussion, it still makes me laugh.