Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO171 & PO174 & P1000 Codes Help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Mustang#5
1st Gear Member

Default PO171 & PO174 & P1000 Codes Help Please!!

After installing a C&L CAI and doing an 87, then 91 tune with the Diablo Predator U7140 I keep getting too lean codes. There was a revision on the tuner to 9r04 I did that and reloaded in the 91 tune. after warm up codes are back WTF. If anyone else has ran into this any help would be appreciated. I love the tune, I can feel the power difference and throttle response also the car shifts crisper. I hate to go back now.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:57 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

p1000 is nothing you often get it when you have just put a tune in. The others are lean codes so it sounds like keep getting them you need your tune fixed as its a bit on the lean side
Old 04-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Mustang#5
1st Gear Member

I just installed the 93 tune for the hell of it, and it did the same. So a buddy of mine said they may be false codes. And I may have to have the O2 sensors shut off, or get a custom tune. There's a place here in Tampa that is a Diablo dealer and is suppose to be really good with Mustangs so I may stop by after work tomorrow. This sucks cause I really feel a difference with the tune.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:15 PM
J2L06GT
2nd Gear Member

Double check your CAI install, most lean codes caused by
air leak between MAF and TB. Only O2 sensors that can be turned
off are the ones in cats, not the upstream ones that read for
lean/rich control.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Rocket Ray
2nd Gear Member

I have the same problem with my VMP 93 octane tune. I even wrote Justin, got a new tune and still have the lean codes. I have triple checked to make sure I have no leaks in the CAI. I am thinking about getting a Brenspeed tune that is emission friendly so I can pass NY inspection without having to put the stock airbox on each July (I only drive the car in the summer anyways).
Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Mustang#5
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by J2L06GT
Double check your CAI install, most lean codes caused by
air leak between MAF and TB. Only O2 sensors that can be turned
off are the ones in cats, not the upstream ones that read for
lean/rich control.
No I checked for that as well. No air leaks that I can find. I went on Diablo's forum, they said its because I need the C&L tune. This Predator came with the C&L so we figured I didn't need a C&L tune. When you go through the performance downloads C&L is not listed. So at this point I still don't know WTF. The car is running like a scalded dog though.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Mustang#5
1st Gear Member

Rocket, Sorry we don't have emissions here in Florida. They gave that up about 10 years ago. I use to go through $hit when I lived in NJ. It sucks, you can't do anything. Down here anything goes loud exhaust, people take off there cats. It doesn't matter. Yes I think we both need help with this. Are you running it with your check engine light on??
Old 04-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Rocket Ray
2nd Gear Member

Yes, I have been running with the check engine light on. It started about mid summer last year, and came on this year when the car came out of storage. I haven't heard the people with the Brenspeed tunes complain about this, that is why I thought I might try them. I have a MAC intake, it uses the stock inlet pipe.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:06 PM
J2L06GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang#5
No I checked for that as well. No air leaks that I can find. I went on Diablo's forum, they said its because I need the C&L tune. This Predator came with the C&L so we figured I didn't need a C&L tune. When you go through the performance downloads C&L is not listed. So at this point I still don't know WTF. The car is running like a scalded dog though.
When I got my C&L racer/Diablo 4yrs ago the C&L
web sight said to make sure to use certain vendors,
because some were selling nonprogramed units.
I updated mine 3yrs ago w/Bama tunes for delete plates
real happy with them.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Mustang#5
1st Gear Member

This setup came from a friend of mine, who traded in his 06, he was the one who told me they came together. Now he did have this installed in his car and had no problem. At this point he's also puzzled. I get off work at 1:30 P.M. so I will stop at this guy Coastal Chassis Dyno in Tampa. He's suppose to be a dealer for Diablo. He should know.

Quick Reply: PO171 & PO174 & P1000 Codes Help Please!!