Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headrest angle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

I'm 5'7" and the head rest doesn't bother me at all. I hardly ever lean my head all the way back anyway, but the few times that I do it doesn't bother me at all. I guess it isn't bad on us short people . I agree with a previous post. The seat should be reclined til the head rest is in more of a vertical position. But of course, as long as reaching the steering wheel and pedals comfortably isn't sacrificed.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:16 PM
jshill

Default 2011 GT headrests

I just replaced my 2011 GT stock headrests with those from MRT Direct. $250, but well worth it, in my opinion. MUCH BETTER COMFORT, and still the "restraint" protection. While I do wish Ford had given us better (or these MRTs), I highly recommend them.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:13 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

I used to hate them.. now when I'm tried, I rest my noggin on them and it's very comfortable... Easyboy chair sorta deal.

When I autocross, I do have to turn them around so it clears the helmet...
Old 07-31-2015, 08:31 AM
Shp970

Smile Fix to a common problem

Originally Posted by Slickvic_
My wife Loves our new 2010 Mustang GT but noted that the headrest is tilted a bit too far forward.
It hits her in the back of the head even when I'm not jumping on the gas pedal and slamming her head into it.

I searched the forum for postings on how to adjust the angle of the headrest but came up empty handed.

It appears that other folks have noticed that it leans too far forward as well.

Has anyone removed the headrest and adjusted the bar angle or is it made from hardened steel that will require a 20 ton press to bend?
First off, really funny post! My boyfriend and I joke now about him flooring it to have my head hit the headrest! He bought a 2014 Mustang GT and I'm not sure why his headrest got messed up. Then I tried to help by "adjusting" mine and it got stuck. I was feeling around underneath (that's what she said) to no avail. I could hear the clicking each time the angle got sharper. Anyway, this was tough to figure out but then once we did it.....it was like, "Is it really that simple?" Yes, it is. All that needs to be done is to tilt the headrest all the way forward and it will snap back into place!!!!!! What happened was I got so frustrated that I just pulled it towards me and that's when it snapped back! You'll be reluctant thinking it will get stuck at sharp angle but trust me, it works! No need to turn it backwards or anything drastic. I realize this is 4 years after the fact and you may not even own the car anymore but just throwing it out there for anyone else who might be in need!
Old 08-01-2015, 09:49 PM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shp970
First off, really funny post! My boyfriend and I joke now about him flooring it to have my head hit the headrest! He bought a 2014 Mustang GT and I'm not sure why his headrest got messed up. Then I tried to help by "adjusting" mine and it got stuck. I was feeling around underneath (that's what she said) to no avail. I could hear the clicking each time the angle got sharper. Anyway, this was tough to figure out but then once we did it.....it was like, "Is it really that simple?" Yes, it is. All that needs to be done is to tilt the headrest all the way forward and it will snap back into place!!!!!! What happened was I got so frustrated that I just pulled it towards me and that's when it snapped back! You'll be reluctant thinking it will get stuck at sharp angle but trust me, it works! No need to turn it backwards or anything drastic. I realize this is 4 years after the fact and you may not even own the car anymore but just throwing it out there for anyone else who might be in need!
OP has a 2010, the tilting headrests didn't come until 2013...