Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wreck Today...What do I do now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I'm not saying that I should have done what I did, and I never have said that. Regardless, you are incorrect on the above statement. All the cops agreed, if I am in the intersection before the light turns red I have right of way over all traffic, except oncoming traffic. So, it comes down to whether or not he came into the intersection on a red light. I technically did nothing illegal, therefore no ticket.

Once again, I never said I should have done what I did, but it is done, and now I will deal with it. I would prefer help rather than ridicule. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:35 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

OK, well the doors are jammed because the fenders were pushed back. No biggie.
Heck, your hood is not even hurt it looks like, so the radiator support is fine.
Only the RH head light baffle is wacked.
Your re-bar is fine as well so no structural damage.

Depending on your mileage, the car is savable.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:54 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Pascal, I believe its coming up on 60k. Which is low for a 2005 I think.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:57 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Also, I have a Double-DIN DVD Head Unit in the dash. I didn't know how to get it out but I was going to go back in the morning and take it. Should I? I also took my CS40s off. Is this smart?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

As long as you swap everything with the factory stuff...
Did they look at the car yet?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

No, they are hauling it off to Charlotte (an hour away) tomorrow morning to assess it. And of course, all the parts I take out are being reverted to stock. They wrecker said I don't have to put it in, just leave it in the car, the stock radio that is.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your wreck and glad you are ok.

I've been in the same boat with wrecking my stang, but not in a vehicle accident. Anyways, with your aftermarket parts of your choice, after you pick your body shop (choose carefully) you talk to the shop directly. I never mentioned anything to insurance about having my mods put in. I told the body shop that I wanted the Roush front, I purchased it out of pocket, had it shipped to them and they credit me the amount of what insurance would of payed for the replacement bumper.

Hope that gives you an idea.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I'm looking up the parts now to see how much its looking like and I honestly don't know. I guess I'll need new quarter panels (not sure if the left needs to be replaced or just reset). Some work on the doors. Lots of new front bumper parts...not sure how much that would be total. At least one headlight, the other one seems fine...one turn signal at least. Probably my inside quarter panel on the right (wheel well and all that). Maybe radiator.

I honestly have no idea. I guess its just wait and see now. I don't know why they are taking the car to Charlotte instead of just looking at it here...kind of scares me and makes me feel as if they've already condemned it.

I saw the police report. It says nothing about the guys testimony, just straight up that the light was yellow and I pulled into the line of traffic. I feel thats kind of bs....but what do I know. It says that the damage on my car was estimated to be $4,000. But of course I'm sure that was just a glance over by the cop.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:15 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Sorry to hear about your wreck and glad you are ok.

I've been in the same boat with wrecking my stang, but not in a vehicle accident. Anyways, with your aftermarket parts of your choice, after you pick your body shop (choose carefully) you talk to the shop directly. I never mentioned anything to insurance about having my mods put in. I told the body shop that I wanted the Roush front, I purchased it out of pocket, had it shipped to them and they credit me the amount of what insurance would of payed for the replacement bumper.

Hope that gives you an idea.
Yeah, I really want a C-Series Front End. It seems as if it will be much more expensive than an OEM Ford Bumper, but I don't know what all the bumper needs repaired.

My main concern, right now, however, is how well everything will come back together, regardless of what insurance says. I'm scared things won't ever be right again. Just the small things. Like how the radio doesn't fit back into the slot right. I don't know, I just want everything to be back to normal before I begin worrying about aesthetic things.

I guess I just don't know how good body shops are at what they do. That is the main concern right now.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Whenever you think, dam this is a busy intersection, I better pull up past the light and I can get through when it turns red, your wrong. N
+1

I never leave myself vulnerable, especially in an intersection. Too much sh*t happens to people, either they get t-boned or they get slammed while making a turn. Same when crossing a busy intersection, I am always ready to brake even if the light is green. You never know when a dumbass might feel the need to run a light or do a turn.

BTW, someone in my local club rear ended another car, this is a v6 mustang and damages came out to $6k and they are still repairing it vs being totaled. So just wait and see what the adjuster says and go from there.

Quick Reply: Wreck Today...What do I do now?