Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wreck Today...What do I do now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:22 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ht11121991
Yeah, I really want a C-Series Front End. It seems as if it will be much more expensive than an OEM Ford Bumper, but I don't know what all the bumper needs repaired.

My main concern, right now, however, is how well everything will come back together, regardless of what insurance says. I'm scared things won't ever be right again. Just the small things. Like how the radio doesn't fit back into the slot right. I don't know, I just want everything to be back to normal before I begin worrying about aesthetic things.

I guess I just don't know how good body shops are at what they do. That is the main concern right now.
Yeah man, you'll be paying out of pocket for your new front end. I recall my Roush front being ~$700 and I had a $500 deductible. They credited me I think roughly $236 for the front bumper cover. So I was looking at paying the $500 deductible + the chin spoiler. Just work the numbers, though I'm not exactly sure how you're going to pay for your parts since you said you didn't have a steady job.. but anyhow, that's how I did it.

You need to find a very reputable body shop, especially if one has experience with mustangs. I crushed my driver side quarter panel. Even though my shop was a complete nightmare to work with, 99% of the people that have seen my car cannot tell it has been in an accident. The 1% so far has been people that I have told the story to or have read it. A good shop will fix it up like you've never hurt it before.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:22 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
OK, well the doors are jammed because the fenders were pushed back. No biggie.
Heck, your hood is not even hurt it looks like, so the radiator support is fine.
Only the RH head light baffle is wacked.
Your re-bar is fine as well so no structural damage.

Depending on your mileage, the car is savable.
And the hood has minor damage. If you look really hard, you can see that the front right corner is bent straight down. The hood wasn't fitting right on the engine compartment, as you can see. It looks to be that the hood got knocked back a little bit which made it pop up, but not enought to buckle at all. I think the piece itself is salvagable. I might get a new one, but it depends on what the insurance company thinks about it.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Yeah, my parents are great alkemist. They don't mind loaning me money to get things worked out like I want, but I work to get them paid off. If this cost me more than I get from insurance, then I can work it out with them. Convincing them that aftermarket is the better option will be harder.

The issue with them now is insurance. I may have to pay the difference in that as well (the increase). I do have a part time job, but I'm a student so thats all I have.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sometimes I wish I wrecked my hood so I could of got the Cervini's concept hood, that hood is sick! and I still want it
Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Argetni
1st Gear Member

Sorry about the crash.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:58 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Thanks. All will be okay in the end.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sounds like you got some good news?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:26 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

No I wish...I'm just coming to terms with the situation now. At first I was all upset and depressed. Now, I've gotten over it and I know it's time to move on and handle this as well as I can. Unfortunately, USAA said it won't be until Thursday that I know if they think it's totalled or not. So I get to wait...maybe I hear back earlier, but I don't know.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:05 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Immediately go back to the scene of the accident and scan the
area for any potential video cameras. They are everywhere,
you would be suprised. Was there a traffic cam on top of the
stoplight pole by chance? We have them here and the footage
is used as evidence is a situation like this. It would show the
redness of the light and his willingness to run it crashing into
you.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:03 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Update:

Insurance isn't supposed to get back to me until Thursday. They want me to call and give a statement since my dad has been handling that process so far and they want a first-hand statement.

I've been researching parts and I have a good list of parts that will need replacement and what I want to replace them with. I know the cost of the individual parts, but I don't know what I'm looking at labor wise yet because I've never had body work done before.

I was looking at the following:

- Cervinis C-Series Front Fascia
- Cervinis Type IV Hood w/ Billet Inserts
- Street Scene Side Skirts (or side skirts from somewhere else, unsure on these so far). I just know I'll need something to lower the sides and rear to the level of the front end.
- Street Scene Rear Valence

- I was also looking at the GTS-R Vented fenders to save money from replacing the fenders, and I really like the vented ones, but I'm really leery about replacing a steel part with fiberglass. I PM'ed Caution about getting steel ones, but I have no idea what pricing would be like on that.

So, that is just an outline of what I like. I have no idea if this is feasible, what insurance will do, what prep and body work will be like, as well as paint. I honestly have no idea at this point.

The suspense is rough. Does anyone want to shed light on what I'm working with here?

Last edited by HT; 04-26-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Wreck Today...What do I do now?