Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kind of confused... are sun roofs available in the coupe models?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 01:57 PM
manlaw38

((((never install a sun roof in a mustang)))))!!!!!!!, i had a terrible exsper , i have a 2011 mustang , ( al packer ford in maryland ) installed ,,it vibrates, it leaks they dented my roof and they wont fix it, i was talked into this sun roof by the dealer, and was told to relax it has a life time warranty, well once it was installed the dealer didnt want anything more to do with me, they said ( jerry clark the gen manager said to me once i could finally get him after no returned phone calls, he said never call them back again or either trade car in or deal with it, i turned them in to bbb, and mva and attorney gen, i have a law suitagainst them..., i went to dealership cause i never got my owners manual to sun roof, no paper work they refused to give me any, they know they messed up my car, thats why they will not deal with me, i took it to another ford dealer and was told they did a horrible job installing it, a 5 yr old kid must have done this terrible job!!!!, its not centered in roof , the cars roof is dented, i went to dealershipp to get my paperwork i was threatened by jerry clark to get off his property or he would call police,im not a well man i have a brain tumor plus other problems, i deal with daily pain also, plus this was my first new car!!!!, im 52 yrs old and this was to be my last car, he knew this, i called ford and ford said although a ford dealer installed it they dont want to help me, said i must take it back to this dealership only, and al packer told attorney gen they have no more obligation to me, im furious and i feel ford has left me standing and spinning, i made a big vinyl sign for my back window stating warning do not purchase any car from al packer ford , ask me my story, well we had a local labor day car show and sale near where i live and i took this car up there for 3 days, and i parked it next to another local ford dealer, plaza fords tent from belair maryland , i was asked my story by plaza ford and all they want to do is sell me another car and me take a killing in the trade of my 2011. they say the sun roof devalued my car price like $13,000, so i think someone from plaza ford called jerry clark from al packer ford in balt maryland , because the sign had been on car a month , so i got a call from jerry clark and when i called him back he said i better get that _ _ _ dam sign out my window , you _ _ _ _ sucking son of a _ _ _ _ , he said if did not get that sign out of the window he would sue the _ _ _ out of me.. i said if only u had worked with me jerry, he said _ _ _ _ you, i said im not a well man and u treating me this way is not helping me, your killing me, so this is how i feel, you murdered my car and now u are murdering me, he said again _ _ _ _ you. and he said i will sue you for $25,000, i did it before, i said the only way sign will go away is if you buy car back from me for what i payed for it , he said a few more curse words and hung up on me for a 2nd time, i want to warn everyone not to purchase a car from al packer ford, plus dont have sun roof installed !!it will ruin ur car,,,, and even ford has not helped me. i feel i have been abandoned by ford i asked ford if i could talk to a district manager, and they said no.. i feel one should be able to talk to another person other than dealership, and when a ford dealer installs something ford should back it up, well i guess sun roofs are not covered by ford... i once loved my new car now i hate it, i have had many ford over the yrs, all used, i wish i had bought a used car now. i should have gone with a hyundai genisis coupe with factory sunroof , or chevy camero with factory sun roof, i hope this helps others, i dont know if other ford dealers are like this,, a mustang should never have a aftermarket sun roof installed, i was told after the fact by others and another ford dealer ramsey ford in rising sun maryland said never install sun roofs.. they will not do this and only if customer signs a papers stating they are not responsible if it leaks or malfunctions. i wish al packer had told me this..., and for a dealersahip to talk someone into this its only for their profit, now i have a ruined new car it makes me sick, please send this to as many sites as u can i want to help as many others from going through what i have been through , please post this as many times as u can, if its the last thing i do i want to help others and i want to bring al packer ford dwn, and call ford to complain about al packer ford!!!i will fight al packer till i die !!!
Old 09-17-2011, 03:58 PM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

^ yikes....I have the inalfa installed and its wonderful.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:13 PM
manlaw38

u must be lucky one because al packer ford installed this, maybe u are lucky and does it rain alot where u live?? and is ur roof dented and is ur roof the type that goes inside roof or outside roof?? maybe u had professionals install urs, does ur vibrate at 55-70 mph mine makes a vaa vaaaaa vaaa humming sound. plus mine leaks. plus the roof is pulled dwn at the corners and it is a sucky job and the roof is rippled. im glad u are satified im not, i wish i could contact who installed mine if it wasntt al packer. did urs have a lifetime warranty?? mine was supposed to, please tell as many as u can about my story, i dont even know the brand they installed i dont even have my owners manual, they didnt give it to me, they hope i just die and go away. please help me, i dont know how much time i have to get my story out, can u send this out to other unknowing guys and girls who want a sun roof, it may help them to do more research and not get screwed over like i did.. please help me, i want to save others from going through what i went through and i want to bring al packer dwn !!! can u help me
Old 09-19-2011, 10:17 PM
manlaw38

Default my bad exsperience

never install an after market, mine was dealer installed and its been a nightmare
they wont fix it and its supposed to have a lifetime warranty, but if they wont fix it it has no warranty, please send my link to all u know !!! thanks sincerely ryan
Originally Posted by starbai
I've been scouring the ford website looking at feature package etc...

I know the glass roof is an option, and that that glass roof isn't removable, or able to open it in anyway.

Sans glass roof option, is a normal open-able sunroof available on the 5.0 coupes?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:21 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by manlaw38
never install an after market, mine was dealer installed and its been a nightmare
It really suck what they are putting you thru. I had a local custom shop put the sunroof in my Wife's 06 Mustang & it worked flawlessly and never leaked. Now we plan on having them install the same in her 10 Mustang.

When we traded in the 06 Mustang for a new Challenger SRT8 they actual gave us above KKB + took off $8,000 off MSRP on the Challenger.

Installing aftermarket sunroofs can be a PITA. Do you have paperwork from the dealer about the sunroof warranty? I learned a lot time ago "not in writing not said". Good luck with the dealer, hope all wrks out for you.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:12 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Imagine seeing this done to your stang right in front of your eyes.
Big ol hole for a CDC GlassBack...

I got an OEM sunroof in my new 2010 Challenger and boy I
really wish I had not paid the $950 for the option...
Dodge factory assemble line installed.
It does not function properly and leaks during a hard rain or a
pressure washing. Dealer told me it was 'non-adjustable' and
a by-product of owning a sunroof. "They all leak" according
to the service manager. I wish this detail was in the sales
brochure so I would have had this info BEFORE purchasing
and not after buying and the first rain/washing.
Attached Thumbnails Kind of confused... are sun roofs available in the coupe models?-cdcglassback.jpg  
Old 10-15-2011, 07:04 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
Dealer told me it was 'non-adjustable' and
a by-product of owning a sunroof. "They all leak" according
to the service manager.
I've owned several cars with OEM sunroofs and added one to my wife's previous Mustang and I've never had one leak.

The sunroof in my Challenger does get a little noisey once you go over 150mph
Old 10-17-2011, 09:17 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by heslekrants
I've owned several cars with OEM sunroofs and added one to my wife's previous Mustang and I've never had one leak.

The sunroof in my Challenger does get a little noisey once you go over 150mph
Yea, I dont think they all leak, but the one who has to
address the problem does...