Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC - Phone Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 11:31 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Default SYNC - Phone Problem

Hi All,

I have the factory NAV with SYNC. I haven't driven my car in about a month. But yesterday when I was driving and trying to make phone calls, the SYNC kept hanging up. I would select a number from the phonebook then tell it to dial. It would begin and then immediatly say CALL ENDED and hang up before dialing. If I dialed from the cell phone itself, then it would say CALL ENDED but it would actually make the call and connect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:14 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

Have you updated it with the latest software from their website? Might as well start with the low hanging fruit . . .
Old 05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

I will go check to see if there is any update. I didn't really think about that because the same phone worked great a month ago. So I didn't consider an update. But I will go check. If not, then I am not sure what changed.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

delete the connection from your phone and the sync.

then re-sync them to each other.

I've had similar issues with my phone and my wifes phone and her JVC unit in my Expedition. A quick re-sync and things were working great again

edit: is it a iPhone by chance?
Old 05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
eurocobra

Originally Posted by FastDEW
Hi All,

If I dialed from the cell phone itself, then it would say CALL ENDED but it would actually make the call and connect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Your problem is with the phone. This is common when the signal level is low. The phone acknowledges the low signal level and displays CALL ENDED as well as transmit this via blue tooth. It may not actually drop the call everytime but SYNC will release the connection with the phone because of the bluetooth code/command.

If you dial manually from your phone SYNC will join-in as your hands free device once the call goes through even if the call was not initiated by sync.

The other quick fix is restart the phone. Also check in the forums on www.syncmyride.com There are forums and sub-forums where sync owners contribute and share tips/tricks etc.

Last edited by eurocobra; 05-01-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:04 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
delete the connection from your phone and the sync.

then re-sync them to each other.

I've had similar issues with my phone and my wifes phone and her JVC unit in my Expedition. A quick re-sync and things were working great again

edit: is it a iPhone by chance?
I will try to re-sync them and see what happens. It is not an iPhone. It is a Blackberry Tour. But I could see this being the issue because it was fine before.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:05 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eurocobra
Your problem is with the phone. This is common when the signal level is low. The phone acknowledges the low signal level and displays CALL ENDED as well as transmit this via blue tooth. It may not actually drop the call everytime but SYNC will release the connection with the phone because of the bluetooth code/command.

If you dial manually from your phone SYNC will join-in as your hands free device once the call goes through even if the call was not initiated by sync.

The other quick fix is restart the phone. Also check in the forums on www.syncmyride.com There are forums and sub-forums where sync owners contribute and share tips/tricks etc.
I dont think it has to do with the signal strenght because it does it even if I have full bars. No matter where I am, it will do this.

I am on a business trip this week, but when I get home I will re-sync the phone to the NAV unit and see what happens.

Thanks to all for the help.