Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeroforce Interceptor Wideband Install *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:31 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Default Aeroforce Interceptor Wideband Install *PICS*

Hey, I've had this set-up in my car for a year and JUST got the wideband to work today lol. I've had the wires installed, mocked up and just 2 power wires hanging down the whole time. I finally discovered that the Add-a-circuit I used had incorrect directions. Just figured I'd post up some pics and tips for anyone else looking to so this

Here we go:

I mounted the main wires to the gauge and o2 sensor underneath the drivers side dash

All you can see is the small box connected to the OBD2 Port

I ran the wire under the dash to the passenger side footwell and used the kickpanel fuse box or the Smart Junction Box to wire the power wires. The wideband kit uses two switchable sources.

I opted to use fuse location numbers 5 and 13 which are both unused. The add-a-circuit allows usage of the fuses without any splicing - very nice!
Hint: Disregard the directions. You need a fuse in slot A, not just B as stated

Connected the ground to a factory ground location located behind the glovebox

Wideband Controller mounted behind the glovebox

Provides a clean install and easy access to the Wideband Controller for the periodic calibration

A few pics of the gauge in the Roush Vent Pod - I've gotten a lot of complements on this as it's very factory looking. If the gauge heats up too much it can get washed out

Gauge with ignition on engine off

5V signal reads between 19.8-20 with the engine off and when it's started until the o2 sensor heats up(30 seconds)

Engine on and the car idling

Slope and Intercept figures must be entered into the gauge so it can read the wideband's signal. The numbers differ depending on the wideband.
Tip: There are 5 spaces that can be used to enter numbers. You can enter the number any way you like using these spaces Ex: 2.000, 002.00 00002

For the wideband o2 sensor I mounted it on the driver side, rear stock o2 location. I opted not to weld in the provided bung.

Hope this helps anyone looking to do the install, Enjoy!

Quick thanks to Shanec, Howarmat and Stkjock!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:39 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Thanks Vista! I have the interceptor in the same location as you and was considering adding the wideband in a couple of weeks. That writeup really helps!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

yes thank you VistaGT! it looks great. i'm doing pretty
much the same exact thing, so perfect timing.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Nice write-up!

Maybe this will get me motivated to install my Innovate WB that is collecting dust in the garage
Old 05-04-2010, 10:10 AM
dark-army
2nd Gear Member

hey, i have an aeroforce interceptor too, and just recently had a supercharger installed. Can they read boost? I got mine used from another guy and I think he turned off some of the functions because he didn't use them, is there a way to turn them back on?
Old 05-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dark-army
hey, i have an aeroforce interceptor too, and just recently had a supercharger installed. Can they read boost? I got mine used from another guy and I think he turned off some of the functions because he didn't use them, is there a way to turn them back on?
Yes, they can read boost but it will require a separate MAP sensor which is available from Innovate. I have mine reading off the built-in MAP on the supercharger, but that is unique to the E-force.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Thanks! Yea, I would have said the WB kit was a POS b/c it wasn't working no matter what I did but now that I found out it was the add-a-circuit and the WB actually DOES work I'm a fan and recommend it. I would still also recommend the add-a-circuit too b/c it's makes for such a clean(and non-modifying) install

It's nice to know the A/F Ratio and how the car's running - especially for you blower boys(jealousy lol).

If anyone ever has a question feel free to ask. I wrote this specifically to help anyone who's doing it and is stuck. After a year, I know how frustrating it can be
Old 05-04-2010, 10:23 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Yes, you have to buy the analog boost kit which is similar to the wideband kit and it connects to the gauge the same way.

To turn on the functions hold the two buttons and it'll take you to the menu. Go to setup and then you can scroll through all the parameters and select which ones you want to moniter. You can also turn off ones that you find are useless
Old 05-04-2010, 10:45 AM
dark-army
2nd Gear Member

do you guys have link to the MAP sensor or the analog boost kit? Basically right now I have the gauges and the supercharger installed, and I have no idea where to go from here to get the aeroforce read boost. If i just turn that function back on will the gauge be able to read boost just through the plug in under the dash?
Old 05-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

do you guys have link to the MAP sensor or the analog boost kit? Basically right now I have the gauges and the supercharger installed, and I have no idea where to go from here to get the aeroforce read boost. If i just turn that function back on will the gauge be able to read boost just through the plug in under the dash?
Here you go... GM style 2-bar MAP

Parameters like boost and AFs are displayed using the analog inputs (2 are available per gauge) as they are not available via the OBD.

Quick Reply: Aeroforce Interceptor Wideband Install *PICS*