Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to Get A Saleen PJ Front Bumper??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:10 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default Where to Get A Saleen PJ Front Bumper??

So far I've found it at Stage 3 but for $650 too much for me.

Was hoping my local Ford dealers could get it and offer it up to me with the club discount but they no longer work with Saleen. I was told to look on ebay or Stage 3.

I haven't had much luck with finding anything Saleen PJ Front Bumper on ebay, have seen rear ones but not front.

If anyone knows of anywhere where I can get one for a decent price shipped to me NJ for under $500 bucks that would be great.

Thanks,

- Jonathan
Old 05-07-2010, 07:25 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

You're not gonna find it for much cheaper. www.281motorsports.com Has it, but you also have to include shipping.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:04 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

hey that's pretty good. With shipping I could swear its 519 shipped to me! $20 flat rate shipping seems odd for a bumper.....maybe Stage 3 can beat their price.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:17 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

sorry dude but you missed out.... A couple of months ago those PJ/Heritage bumpers were selling for 159.00 all day......
Old 05-08-2010, 07:51 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

oh man that blows!!! I love your fascia too....any chance you know the seller that was selling these bumpers for dirt cheap? I'd love to grab one
Old 05-08-2010, 09:24 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

Thanks. nah sorry i dont remember. They were on ebay also for dirt cheap. I guess it all got sold alrdy.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:27 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ah okay hopefully someone on here was able to buy one and will post up and let me know lol it does suck, don't rub it in :P haha
Old 05-17-2010, 09:13 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Anyone know where to get a bra to fit this, I wont have time before Carlisle to let the paint bake before I clear bra it so that will have to wait....need temporary protection for it but I don't think they made one to fit it....guess a gt one would do?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:32 PM
v6andlovinit

hey i know this is an old post, but, stangman, i saw your car on american muscle. with your new bumper and all, it looks amazing! ive got the PP grille as well, and im wondering does your saleen PJ bumper fit the v6 PP grille? or did u get a gt grille that looks just like a PP. where did you end up buying your bumper?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:58 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Hey thanks, I actually have been meaning to do a post about it. It is a stock factory Pony Package Grille. I really love those.

A friend of mine, basically lowered holes in the other 2 tabs in his gt bumper swap to make the grill sit there without dancing or having a huge gap on the bottom. I tried to do the same with this but it just didn't work for me.....hated the gap on mine.

So here's what I noticed.....the v6 bumper isolaters in the front under the bumper sit higher and more to the front.....so I basically took a long knife and started trimming it down on the front, sides and I flatten the top where it says v6 on it so that the top of the bumper would sit flat instead of creased up.....making the pony package grill sit pretty damn close to stock lol.....sure it has a small gab on the sides and the bottom....(side tabs don't work with it but if you put the plastic bolts on the radiator cover back it'll hold it fine!) Also, you can make a slit in the other 2 open tabs behind the grill so you can situate 2 of the 3 or 4 tabs the grill has into it - (make the slits very very low so the grille sits good) and don't forget to cut the other tabs you aren't using because otherwise the grille will budge up.....try it with a cheaper v6 grill first that just had the pony before you cut that one...

Hope that helps....I will get to make a full write up on this during the winter since I think it will drastically help other v6 owners fit their favorite grille on any other bumper.

Some pics:

Last edited by edgespeeder06; 09-23-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Where to Get A Saleen PJ Front Bumper??