Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could change something on the 05 you have

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 04:47 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: If you could change something on the 05 you have

I think people are forgetting that most of these options has never been offered on the previous Mustangs. Those options are the automatic headlights, automatic dimming mirror with compass and outside temp etc. This is supposed to be sport car and not a luxury car. While I admit there are few things that has changed or even been deleted from the previous years, this is still one great car.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:45 PM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT
This is supposed to be sport car and not a luxury car.
While I understand where you are coming from, I wouldn't want to lump the Mustang into the same category as a A/C and radioless Viper. If the Mustang can have a 1000w stereo with MP3 support, motorized lumbar adjustment and MyColor instrumentation, it can have automatic headlights. 8) Honestly though, alot of people (me included) don't buy Mustangs because they are sports cars. They buy them because they are affordable, powerful, functional coupes. The fact that so many V6's sell is a testament to that fact.

Old 08-05-2005, 11:12 PM
GT/ROUSH

I'd change the throttle. That throttle-by-wire is a big "kiss my ***" to ford mustang fans. The electronically controlled and limited throttle body really holds back the performance of these 4.6 3-valve engines. That'll be one thing to definitely change.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:58 PM
VHStang

I agree with just about all the suggestions so far. I was thinking it would be cool to have the compass and temp readout where the "dome" lights are at (I have a coupe). It looks like there would be room for this.

I would also like to have seen a telescoping steering wheel. I like to recline my seat some but my arms are too short. If I move the seat up then I'm too close to the pedals.

All in all - Love my new mustang!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:51 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

I have already changed it on mine but one thing I would have changed on ALL Mustangs is to color code the side mirrors instead of bringing it to market with Mickey Mouse mirrors!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 12:45 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

What a bunch of whiners!

It would be nice if I could raise the height of the seatbelt where it crosses my left shoulder, but the Mustang convertible is better than the last convertible I owned.

It's annoying that when I let a passenger into the back the seat can't remember what back position it was in and returns to a spot way too forward to be useful by anyone. The new VW Beetle is a great example of how it should have been done. But it's only a minor annoyance, that I can easily live with.

And those "map pockets" may as well not be there, since they don't even work right for holding maps. I think they just plain screwed up with thos.

But I love everything else about the car. I happen to like the Shaker 500 stereo a lot, and the driving position is good, and the V-6 engine works well enough that I see no need for the V-8. I like the styling as is - and wonder why so many of you want to change everything. I congratulate Ford for doing a great job with the Mustang (and I don't even really like Fords).
Old 08-09-2005, 03:57 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

First off, [1] more side support in the seats. I slide under heavy cornering causing me to brace against the [2] cheap T-Handle shifter while my arm bangs around on cups in the [3] poorly placed cupholders while I try to read the gauges but cannot because of spacing conflicts with the [4] oversized wheel and absolutely beautiful but horribly non-functional [5] gauge cluster.

Don't get me wrong, I love my pony. It's a real car. No fancy gadgets in the cockpit, no ridiculously overdone styling, and an affordable price. It's what the Mustang was always intended to be. I just wish the cockpit was a little more ergonomic. My biggest complaint, really, is that the wheel has to be set very far up on its tilt to keep from obstructing the gauge cluster.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:16 PM
MyFirstPony
1st Gear Member

ditto to everyone!!!

and what is the deal with the glove box?

I still love my pony.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

man i feel for you guys with the colored interiors... its still got alot of the black in there.

i MIGHT have been interested in some of the tan interiors but the center console and othe rmajor elements are black still. thats kinda lame. next thing im gonna hear is the red interior isnt really ALL red?
Old 08-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nickbrace

I have already changed it on mine but one thing I would have changed on ALL Mustangs is to color code the side mirrors instead of bringing it to market with Mickey Mouse mirrors!!!!
hmm my mirrors match.

Quick Reply: If you could change something on the 05 you have