Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Every Single Mustang at My Local Ford Dealer Was Severly Damaged by Hail!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
Mine was damaged by hail on the lot. But looking at it you can't tell it was ever in a hail storm. They told me about it, which is required by law, but everything looked perfectly fine so it didn't matter to me. As long as they make them look like nothing ever happened there's no big deal. Hail doesn't magically "taint" the car until the end of time.
Same here. I bought mine a year ago last April. I went to the dealership two days after a hail storm went through. The car I was looking at had some mild hail damage. The saleperson told me they would fix it. I said you fix it then call me and if the car looks good we'll make a deal. I went back two days later after the dents were fixed and you would've never known there were dents in the car... it looked perfect. To make a long story short... I bought the car.

Last edited by D'prived; 05-17-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:09 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Those dent guys work miracles. Not sure if dealer is obligated to tell you about presale damage or not?
+1

some of the PDR (painless dent removal) people do amazing work....but I can't imagine getting out the "number" of dents that a hail storm would have produced
Old 05-17-2010, 08:42 AM
jason07gt

if they get fixed they cant sell them as new by law in MD i think
Old 05-17-2010, 08:49 AM
wingless
2nd Gear Member

On the plus side the cars will track straight and go farther, like dimples in a golf ball.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:30 AM
nicksfoursix
1st Gear Member

Lightbulb

Damaged car CAN get sold as new vehicles.....think about it. Some vehicles are received with shipping damages, theft and some receive repairs before they leave the factory.
Laws differ from state-to-state and are usually known as disclosure laws. These laws require the dealer to advise you that the vehicle has received some type of damage (specified) repair. Some do not have to disclose under a certain amount, etc.
I have seen cars received with shipping damages (body damage), exhaust systems torn off (caught on the loading ramps of the transport) and theft (while on the rail car(s)).
Many states are also required by law to post or notify a potential used car purchases that the vehicle they are looking at was involved in a lemon law buy-back.
New vehicles that receive extensive damage (via transport) are retained by the dealer and held for inspection.
I had a car carrier tie-down a car incorrectly, pulled down on a rear control arm and bent the bracket that is welded to the frame where the control arm bushing is bolted. Because the bracket is integrally welded to a frame member, this brand new vehicle was deemed non-saleable and salvaged. We looked at this damage...the bracket was available as a replacement part and could have been repaired properly without question.
So, many vehicle sold NEW potentially can have had some type of damage "before you lay your eyes on it"....
Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingless
On the plus side the cars will track straight and go farther, like dimples in a golf ball.
this made me
Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 AM
bynumj
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I hear ya! My garage is full and I can't get my car in there but if a hail storm comes my way, I will drive my car to a bank with a car port.
There must be some kind of place with a car port near you.....gas station, bank, funeral home?
Our most expensive purchase = our home with garage
Our second most expensive purchase = our car

So many people use their garage for storage while parking the car in the driveway. I was guilty of this until I took action. We should clean out all that useless storage, Salvation Army most of it and get a shed or use the attic for the rest. This will add life to your car by keeping it out of the weather the majority of the time it is just sitting in front of the house. Just my two cents.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:18 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bynumj

So many people use their garage for storage while parking the car in the driveway. I was guilty of this until I took action. We should clean out all that useless storage, Salvation Army most of it and get a shed or use the attic for the rest. This will add life to your car by keeping it out of the weather the majority of the time it is just sitting in front of the house. Just my two cents.
Amen to that! That's one of the few things my wife and I agree on. The garage is meant to put cars in . We walk around our neighborhood several times a week and it never ceases to amaze us how many houses we see with $60,000 worth of autos sitting in the driveway because they have $200.00 worth of junk in the garage.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:18 PM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Yeah Dave that hail was crazy. I am glad my car was sitting in the garage. I would just cry if i walked out after a storm like that and saw my car all dented up. Its not the first time this sort of thing has happened. The dent guy that comes to our dealer is the best around and has actually done jobs like that where the whole car is covered. Its alot of work but after he is done you cannot tell the difference.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:09 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bynumj

Before I started my business 15 years ago, I used to keep my cars in the garage. So it's not like I can just throw out or give to the "Salvation Army" the stuff I have in my garage. However I am in the planning stages for getting another garage or storage building for my backyard. This will provide me space for my business stuff and free up my garage for my cars again. In the mean time, I have to keep a car cover on my car and keep a vigilant eye out for severe weather.

Quick Reply: Every Single Mustang at My Local Ford Dealer Was Severly Damaged by Hail!!!