Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have this???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 02:53 PM
balls8302
1st Gear Member

Default anyone have this???

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...L-Pypes-X-Pipe

i've been wondering about these cut and clamp style xpipes for a while now. i know most of you would say to just get a full x with high flow cats, but i'm on a budget and this is what i'm looking at. frpp makes one too, but to anyone that has used these do they increase the sound and change the exhaust note enough to justify spending a little over a hundred bucks? thats all i'm wanting is just a louder different sounding exhaust, not a crazy increase in sound, but something different is what i'm looking for. i've got the pypes m80s mid mounted and just want a little more noise!

Old 06-05-2010, 03:48 PM
STEVES_STANG

I just bought an 06 mustang gt myself and have been searching for exhaust too. I'm in the same boat as you, i am on a budget and want something that sounds mean. What you are looking at right there will use part of your old h pipe and keeps the stock cats. If you want cats then that is a good buy but if you want an offroad x pipe and have a stock manifold or shorty headers go for this: http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-...-or-xpipe.html . If you have long tube headers you will need this : http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-...pe-0510gt.html . I would say lose the cats and it will sound very mean.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:12 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Pypes is a good entry level exhaust system.
I am not sure about the HP bumping claim.
Unless you have cams and such to support
the X-Pipe, the OEM exhaust flows freely
enough to not see any real HP gains.
Maybe some miniscule low end torque....
Old 06-05-2010, 05:22 PM
transporter1414
1st Gear Member

I installed that last month on my 05 GT. Not sure if it made more HP, but I just prefer the X over the H. Install was not bad and I think it sounds alot better with the roush off road exhaust. It didn't actually make it louder than the stock H, it actually sounds quieter, but better.

Last edited by transporter1414; 06-05-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
balls8302
1st Gear Member

steve, i'm aware of how the whole world of x/h's work, and i'm keeping cats until i get a tuner, which will be sometime this fall. thanks for your input though. and enjoy your car! i was just wanting something cheap to give me enough change to hold me over until then.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:22 AM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

I have the pypes m80s as a midmuffler setup and have run both the X and H pipe with the stock cats, and i felt the H sounded better! the splice-in X sounds better at WOT..but seemed to lose some volume down low when just cruising around. it wont give you any real noticable change in sound(its impossible to tell any difference at idle), so it may not be worth it for you! hope this makes sense.