Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie with 06 V6 Ponly Pack questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:41 PM
ibow24

Shorty it is !! Will add to my...hmmmm..his list of upgrades. Silly kid actually thinks this is HIS car. HAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Wheels and tires are on top of the list but shelling out that much cash at this point in time isn't on option. Would like to then put half decent "winter" tires on these wheels. He will never drive in the snow but if the wheels are just for winter may as well put "just in case" winter tires on them.
Thanks for all the tips. This is a great site
Steve
Old 06-30-2010, 02:53 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Holy cow batman....23k and you're already replacing brake pads??? I've got high 50's and mine is only now thinking about it..... That must have been some hard braking 23k!

Welcome aboard. Nice looking pony.

Enjoy the mod bug on your (son's) car
Old 07-03-2010, 01:18 PM
ibow24

well, he's had almost 2 years so it's got 36K miles on it now. The fronts look like they've been replaced once but the rotors were scored so I put Hawk ceramics all around and new rotors all around. Also got MGP caliper covers. The rears fit with good clearance but not the fronts...gotta get some spacers. Should I put 1/4" spacers on all four corners ? really only need them on the front but not sure if would look better spacing all 4 wheels out. Not even sure if you'll notice a difference with 1/4"

per the advice, the antenna has been replaced with a stubby and the rocker stripe is coming off...just haven't gotten to it yet. I need to replace the 2 stripes on the front bumper now that we have it back from the body shop.
Still wish I could the %$#^ no good $^%# (#^@%!@ that hit it.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:41 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ibow24

per the advice, the antenna has been replaced with a stubby and the rocker stripe is coming off...just haven't gotten to it yet. I need to replace the 2 stripes on the front bumper now that we have it back from the body shop.
Still wish I could the %$#^ no good $^%# (#^@%!@ that hit it.
Someone hit it?
Old 07-03-2010, 03:29 PM
ibow24

yeah, hit and run in front of our house. 5:30 in the morning. It woke me up but til I looked out the window I did not see anything until I went out for the paper. Not bad, just bad enough to set me off and want to hurt the coward who ran. Left fender, some bumber work and door work. When I did the stripes over the top I told my son we should take the rocker stripes off but he wasnt sure. Now we have it back from the body shop, I told them to leave the stripe off for awhile so he can tell if he likes it better with or without the rocker stripe. I like it much better without.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:54 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Well, you are going to be a needing to do some a readin bout the stang.
Maybe get the son to do the readin and explain it to ya?
Sort of a homework assignment to show
how committed he is to the new stang?
Old 07-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

My g/f wants to know if you'll be HER daddy?

Sweet ride for your boy. I bought a Stang for my oldest son's college graduation. Unfortunately for him, it was a gift for ME.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:56 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

I think true dual exhaust would be a great way to make it a bit louder, sounding more aggressive, and also the look of dual exhaust!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:16 AM
V6Vin
1st Gear Member

In this pic I photo shopped out the strip to see if I liked it. (since removed, but no new pic).
I took a couple of extra pieces of vinyl and filled in the front bumper cut-out, looks much better, since this pic I have put on a GT front bumper though. (and repainted the side scoops to match better (ordered to match paint, my butt!) Also repainted the back window louver vista blue to match. A set of clear corner lights also helped clean up the front.

Last edited by V6Vin; 07-05-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

You could always replace all 4 rotors and pads while you're at it. It's not that expensive and it pretty easy to do yourself if you have the tools and know what you're doing.
I just did all mine with Hawk HPS pads all around and upgraded the front rotors to GT takeoffs (larger). Noticeably better than stock
http://www.mossmuscle.com/Shop/ViewP...eIndexID=72228

Car is looking pretty B.A. I might suggest painting the rocker panels/replacing them with a painted set

Quick Reply: newbie with 06 V6 Ponly Pack questions