Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got some nasty dings :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:08 PM
NCGTPONY
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Napoleon85
Post away ... we can mourn together. I hope you chased that d-bag down and got his insurance to pay for the repair!

PS - I love those wheels. I wish I could have gotten them but you don't have any choice with the trackpack.
No, I didn't get any insurance info. I should had. But If your talking about my wheels, I have the Trackpack also. To be honest, I'm not to crazy about them. I wanted to swipe them out on a Stang that had rims just like yours but they wouldn't do it. They're a bitch to clean. As far as a pic of the ding, I'll post it shortly.

Last edited by NCGTPONY; 06-20-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:45 PM
NCGTPONY
1st Gear Member

Ok, now these are what ya call a ding. BTW, the car is dirty. I'ts been raining every day here and I drove in the country last night and have some bug splatters.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:15 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

^I don't know why Ford likes using so much plastic on these cars. It scrapes and scratches and dings so easily. You'd think they'd have discovered this with the '05-'09 models (especially the V6). Yet on the '10-'11 ones they use twice as much of the stuff.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:18 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

You guys need to pay attention on what's ahead of you in traffic.
Never stay behind any vehicle that appears to have visited construction sites...
It goes from dump trucks to regular pickups to trailers etc...
Every time these vehicles get a little bump on the road, they release loose gravels and sand or even stones that will sandblast your front end.
Not always avoidable but you'll minimize the chances greatly by changing lanes or put a Prius between you and a dump truck.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
You guys need to pay attention on what's ahead of you in traffic.
Never stay behind any vehicle that appears to have visited construction sites...
It goes from dump trucks to regular pickups to trailers etc...
Every time these vehicles get a little bump on the road, they release loose gravels and sand or even stones that will sandblast your front end.
Not always avoidable but you'll minimize the chances greatly by changing lanes or put a Prius between you and a dump truck.
I do all of these things ... this is why I'm so surprised/upset about all this. I go out of my way to make sure I'm not getting peppered by **** off the road and still get boned. Sometimes it just happens I guess...
Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Mpov
1st Gear Member

If you drive a car you are going to get dings and such. You may never know where they came from. I've got a couple myself and I can't figure out how the heck the got there, but they are there nonetheless.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Napoleon85
I guess this is a hazard of actually driving the car ... but I'm still bummed to have this kind of damage with only 3500 miles on it
Since you're showing the car, you're always going to notice things like this more than the person who just drives it and gets around to washing it every once in a while ever will. Only part of that is because you're looking more closely at all the little stuff.

Norm
Old 06-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Since you're showing the car, you're always going to notice things like this more than the person who just drives it and gets around to washing it every once in a while ever will. Only part of that is because you're looking more closely at all the little stuff.

Norm
True, but this ding is honestly worse than it shows in the pictures. Everyone has noticed it and commented on how bad it is.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I wonder if the same paint used on the 2010 Taurus is the same that is used on the Mustang? According to Ford, they tested a Taurus traveling behind a dump truck releasing rocks. The video showed rocks bouncing off the front end. When the test was finished they claim little to no damage done.
Check it out.....click on link below, then click on The Gravel Truck.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2010taurus/
Old 06-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I wonder if the same paint used on the 2010 Taurus is the same that is used on the Mustang? According to Ford, they tested a Taurus traveling behind a dump truck releasing rocks. The video showed rocks bouncing off the front end. When the test was finished they claim little to no damage done.
Check it out.....click on link below, then click on The Gravel Truck.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2010taurus/
I can pretty much guarantee you they didn't. I go out of my way to avoid flying obstacles and have some pretty serious damage in only 3500 miles. I actually found that the painted section of my driver's side mirror is dinged up too.

Quick Reply: Got some nasty dings :(