Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Frustrations with Brenspeed

Old 06-23-2010, 04:20 PM
  #11  
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
siggyfreud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,647
Default

Stock slot setup. Now the question is do I get that , or the extreme intake that comes with a new MAF.
siggyfreud is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 04:28 PM
  #12  
BruceH
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ......
Posts: 2,057
Default

I'd wait until after you hit the dyno to decide what to do.
BruceH is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 05:54 PM
  #13  
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
siggyfreud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,647
Default

Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
I'd wait until after you hit the dyno to decide what to do.
For sure. I just want to make sure it's safe. I've already been down the unsafe road hehe.
siggyfreud is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 06:15 PM
  #14  
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member
 
CutterWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brandon, Florida
Posts: 2,616
Default

Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
For sure. I just want to make sure it's safe. I've already been down the unsafe road hehe.
Don't worry they will be watching the AF levels closely when its on the dyno and stop it if it gets to an un-safe level. With a MAFia the tuner would be able to custom adjust you MAF to read the correct amount of air needed to make the RWHP your after. I got one right after my first dyno run when my MAF pegged out. Now my car makes so much HP that we ended up taking timing out to keep it at a safe level until I can put in a built motor.
CutterWolf is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 06:20 PM
  #15  
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
siggyfreud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,647
Default

Originally Posted by CutterWolf View Post
Don't worry they will be watching the AF levels closely when its on the dyno and stop it if it gets to an un-safe level. With a MAFia the tuner would be able to custom adjust you MAF to read the correct amount of air needed to make the RWHP your after. I got one right after my first dyno run when my MAF pegged out. Now my car makes so much HP that we ended up taking timing out to keep it at a safe level until I can put in a built motor.
Good to know I have that option. Should I need something, I'd be debating whether to go with the Mafia, which although it's less, the Steeda intake will still inhibit me. Or, I could take those $200, sell the Steeda for $150-$200, and then only be 200 away from the Extreme intake that comes with a new MAF and solid intake tube.
siggyfreud is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 06:47 PM
  #16  
Salas
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Yorktown, VA
Posts: 52
Default

I recently installed the FR TB (dual 62mm) and was also concerned about maxing out the MAF. (I have the Saleen S/C with a 3.4 pulley and the 90mm Steeda CAI.) I had the car in the dyno and I am doing 402rwhp and the MAF voltage was reaching about 4.75. The tuner said I didn't have to worry about it. But if I make any other mods, I will be replacing the MAF meter.
Salas is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
JoshyGT
The New S550 2015-2020 Mustang
16
09-19-2017 08:52 PM
JDWalton
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
8
09-24-2015 08:47 PM
03blackwidow
4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
1
09-20-2015 02:36 PM
dseg
AmericanMuscle.com
2
08-10-2015 03:29 PM
zennx
5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
21
11-28-2004 01:08 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Frustrations with Brenspeed


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.