Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did They REALLY install my 4.10's? PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Im not saying you are B.S.ing at all.

I just know that cars have been put on the dyno after having gears installed MANY times without break ins and have had no problems.

What I am wondering is just how many dyno runs they did
or perhaps if they had the car running on the dyno and blasting the damn hell out of it.

Perhaps the install was not quite cherry and that in combination with the runs did it.
Or perhaps the gears were not that great from the factory and the install was not that great.
Or perhaps the gears were not that good from the factory, the install was not great, and the dyno runs were real hard and without any rest for the car.

Also must remember that they might have their own reasons for "Saying" it was because of the improper break in.

Many contributing factors that could come into play here.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Chevy_Guy

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Im not saying you are B.S.ing at all.

I just know that cars have been put on the dyno after having gears installed MANY times without break ins and have had no problems.

What I am wondering is just how many dyno runs they did
or perhaps if they had the car running on the dyno and blasting the damn hell out of it.

Perhaps the install was not quite cherry and that in combination with the runs did it.
Or perhaps the gears were not that great from the factory and the install was not that great.
Or perhaps the gears were not that good from the factory, the install was not great, and the dyno runs were real hard and without any rest for the car.

Also must remember that they might have their own reasons for "Saying" it was because of the improper break in.

Many contributing factors that could come into play here.
I agree with all of that. RPM had no reason to pass blame in this case because they had nothing to do with the install the first time. They just called it how they saw it. I am also going to guess that not all gear sets are made equal. It is possible that some manufactures have better products to begin with, (imagine that) that might not require any break in at all. All I know is, I don't know what manufacturers don't require any break in so I will keep on doing it the way I do it to be safe.