Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Ideas, PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:27 PM
TylerSBRown

Unhappy Interior Ideas, PLEASE HELP!!

Hey all, i am brand new to this forum and i need alittle help. I have a dark blue 2009 mustang v6 with extra mods implied. however, i am very satisfied with my exterior and my performance. As far as the interior goes i have a touch screen pioneer nav system and complete audio is aftermarket. Now to where i need help.

My interior is gray.. and i mean gray gray gray gray gray. My doors are gray (except for black insert), my roof is gray, my carpet is gray, my lower dash is gray and my seats are grey. I do not have ambient lighting or my color, and i want to jazz it up ALOT with professional lighting or colored inserts or something. But the inside of my car is sooo boring. Please help me!

As far as interior lighting goes, i would love to buy the ambient lighting product for it, but if i get it, i want the lighted ring in the cupholder, not the hole witht the LED.

Please write back asap. Thank you!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

go to ebay, pick yourself up some blue led map light bulbs, its cheap, very cheap and makes a huge difference!

...girls notice it more than anything else, even my in-dash, rims, intake, headers...ugh~women..
Old 06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Maybe some Billet accents?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-09-...-interior.html

or check here
http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-09-interior-trim.html
Old 06-29-2010, 03:37 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

try these illuminated doorsill plates. i dont think that they are too ricey.
i like the ones you can customize and are not illuminated, but since you want lights, then these might be more your style.

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...1=M13208LFR+01

these are ones you can customize but are not illuminated.

http://www.fordshowparts.com/store.c...&parentID=1138
Old 06-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Also consider changing your shifter out....MGW is the best (ok, totally my opinion), but even if you keep the shifter stock, change out the **** and even the shift boot to a different color if your looking for a bit more style.....replace the stock climate control plastic ***** with billet ones (a nice upgrade)

While your looking at the climate control ***** at MGW (no I dont work for them or have anything to do with them outside of really loving their products) look at other ***** they sell. They have power outlet plugs that also nice (beats the heck out of a plastic cap) as well as cupholder bezels, emergency brake handles,....they have alot of outstanding products so go look.
http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_2005-2009.shtml

Look someplace for black floor mats if yours are grey. There are tons on ebay as well as alot of great venders who sell a ton of great updated pieces.

Andretti

Last edited by Andretti; 06-29-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti

God that makes me hate my automatic for so many reasons
Old 06-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alec231236
God that makes me hate my automatic for so many reasons
thanks...very nice of you to say.

Andretti
Old 06-29-2010, 09:39 PM
TylerSBRown

well, i appreciate your help, but im not really into the bullit style. i want to add color and nice ambient lighting. my cars gray is just really.. bluh... and i have a beautiful car on the outside, and would love to reflect my deep dark blue exterior, to the inside. All my gauges are green. I would love to have the MYCOLOR option put in with the 6-GAUGE cluster but my ford dealer in town says they cant get the parts... my ***. so anyways, please help with this too. I am stuck. I think i will get the illuminated door sills. But i really want the ambient lighting WITH the cupholder ring.

So the two main things i really want is...
-Ambient lighting WITH cupholder ring
-MyColor WITH 6-gauge cluster

i would also like to have some color accents in the car, but i have no idea how to "darken" the interior of my car from grey to a black. but if i did that i would have to get a new headliner, new carpet, and new seatbelts, and new sunvisers. ... ughhh