Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just want to tune my car.. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:47 PM
ejanderson05gt
2nd Gear Member

Wouldn't that be a bad plan, considering the only tune that is possibly on here is the one for a Vortech'd Mustang? Or are you saying to load the tune on there, transfer the stock tune and copy it to the computer, and then return the car to stock?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i don't think it would be a bad plan because of the temporary tune transfers, remember you will not be starting the car at all. it might be a bad plan if there is a strategy code mismatch and it disables the PCM, but i'm not sure if that happens with diablo tunes. i do know it can happen with SCT tunes though.

maybe another sanity check is in order, from someone who knows.....
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Hopefully everything works out. Eric is a great tuner.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Hammeron, check your sanity with someone who knows??

Last edited by 2cokeman; 06-29-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:17 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
Hammeron, check your sanity with someone who knows??

it's textbook blind leading blind lol...i have no idea how the diablos work, all i know is they can do some pretty cool things like transfer tunes back and forth.....

OP, there just aren't many people who use the diablos, so tech support might be slow in coming.

here's a bumpity bump for a worthy cause.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
Don't know what the original back up means, maybe he needs your original tune?
Original Back turns the car back to stock and unlocks the tuner.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:04 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

When people try to save a few bucks, it often seems that it turns into disaster. A little research before hand could have saved you this frustration. Sorry that this isn't the input you need and sorry this isn't working out as planned. Seems like it should have been a lot more simple.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:54 AM
ejanderson05gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
When people try to save a few bucks, it often seems that it turns into disaster. A little research before hand could have saved you this frustration. Sorry that this isn't the input you need and sorry this isn't working out as planned. Seems like it should have been a lot more simple.
Well, based on what was said to me in the for sale ad, there shouldn't have been any issue at all. Here's the ad, leading me to believe that the tuner would work, no questions asked:

"I have for sale a very nice unlocked Diablo Predator tuner for a 05-06 Mustang. This tuner is the Vortec version but can be used with Mustang's that are not supercharged as long as you order a custom tune. My GT was not supercharged but I ordered a custom tune from Bamachips and uploaded to the tuner and then to my car. If you are looking to use the canned tunes it will not work as there are no canned tunes on this tuner. In my opinion the canned tunes aren't worth it anyways as there is so much difference between them and a custom tune!! This tuner will be shipped in its original box with owners manual."

I thought about PM'ing abrush, she's the gal I bought the tuner from, to see what she had to do to make it work. However, since she ordered the tune from Bama, it could be a completely different process.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:13 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I am curious to know why he is asking for your stock tune? Once he puts a custom tune together and emails it to you, you should be able to upload the new tune and then your stock tune will be saved on the tuner, unless that's not how Diablo tuner works. When I uploaded my Brenspeed custom tune, it automatically saved my stock tune. Good luck!
Old 06-30-2010, 01:14 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Eric never asked for my stock tune. Must be something new.

Quick Reply: I just want to tune my car.. Help?