Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found a paint/body defect on my new 2011 GT :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

you should have seen my car..it had 15miles on it when I got it..It was dark when i finally took it home. The paint looked SOOOO awful from them snowbrushing it off with I dont know what they used a metal rake maybe..but it took me about 14hrs worth of my 7424 to get all the marks out of it...i still have a RIDS here and there but I cant get them out with my PC.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Argetni
1st Gear Member

Ok I spoke with my salesman and he wants me to bring it in tomorrow for their body shop to evaluate.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:09 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Hope they help ya out.

I'll be getting mine in a few days and I'll be going over it with fine tooth comb before I take it. Its coming from a dealership in Wisconsin so who knows what its been through.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 PM
onegoal
Banned

Why does it seem there are some quality control problems with the new Stangs? they have already been delayed cause of the brake problem.

Are they trying to rush them out too fast?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Argetni
1st Gear Member

I took it to the best bodyshop in the area after work today. They are the only Audi aluminum certified dealer in NJ so they do not mess around.

The guy spotted it quickly and said it is a defect in how the fender was formed and is raised dimple. He said the only correct fix would be to

-remove fender from car to prevent any overspray
-sand area smooth, pop in and fill if necessary
-respray whole fender
-clear it

$750

I asked what he would do if it were his car and he "said, live with it, it is not bad at all"

I am still going to the dealer tomorrow just to see what they offer to do.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:45 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

^ thats a good price, sounds like a really honest guy
Old 07-01-2010, 09:18 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Why does it seem there are some quality control problems with the new Stangs? they have already been delayed cause of the brake problem.

Are they trying to rush them out too fast?
If they were trying to rush them out fast, they 2011's would have been shipped to people with the problems instead of being delayed to fix the problem. I think this is par for the course for Ford bringing out new models, they slow roll them out the door to try to catch any initial issues, then eventually ramp up to full speed ahead. Hence there have been a lot of people having unusually long waits for their orders.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 PM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Had a raised bump on my '06 on the rear driver's side fender lip right where it joined the body. No open area under the fender at that spot and could not figure out what caused it. Took it to one of those dent removable places. They fixed it in 30 minutes for $150. No mark, no repaint or polishing at all. How they did it I don't know. Try them before you let the dealer start hacking away.

Cheers.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:08 PM
AmieCrutchley

boo
Old 07-02-2010, 02:28 AM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by parchisi
If they were trying to rush them out fast, they 2011's would have been shipped to people with the problems instead of being delayed to fix the problem. I think this is par for the course for Ford bringing out new models, they slow roll them out the door to try to catch any initial issues, then eventually ramp up to full speed ahead. Hence there have been a lot of people having unusually long waits for their orders.
Why I still think it's not a good idea to buy a car the first year the design changes. Some people can't wait though.

I've noticed dealers have been getting a lot of v6 in though.

Quick Reply: Found a paint/body defect on my new 2011 GT :(