Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with wiring Headlight + OEM fogs & Roush lower Fogs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 PM
bingo2
1st Gear Member

Here's a couple of sites to visit if you want to research and learn about automotive wiring, sound systems, etc.; www.bcae1.com and www.the12volt.com.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

here is even a nice fog light how to. http://www.classictruckshop.com/club...h/foglites.htm
high amperage passes threw 30 and the 87 and the trigger is the 85-86 connections this drawing shows the hot side of the coil switched with a panel light to indicate they are on. like explained before the coil does not car what side is what so i prefer running the ground to the switch like the stock ford set up that way you do not have to worry about and hot wires shorting. but then you do not have a panel light. and they could be left on. another option would be to splice into one of the running lights then run 2 wires to the dash and then you could turn them on or off but they would only work when the running lights were on so you would not leave them on as the car would chime.

the use of relays opens all kinds of possibilities on wiring them. you can also put a relay inline using the high beam as a trip this would kill the fogs when the high beams are on as some states require that.

oh and i also talked to mike spagnola the owner of street scene the other day and let him know about i glitch with his harness and the roush harness. on some of there harnesses they accidentally reversed the wires when assembling the plugs. it is not a problem as the bulbs do not care but since the roush kit uses the existing wiring if it is reversed the see ground and will not trip the relay.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

You tell'em afixer!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:00 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nice Pony
You tell'em afixer!
yea Gaylon , it is funny that with the internet anyone can be an electrical engineer.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:17 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by afixer
i really am getting tired of your negative input all the time especially when you are wrong.

I am really getting tired of anyone with access to the internet who
thinks they fully understand the flow of electrons thru copper conductors.

Wrong by whos thinking?
Old 07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
Wrong by whos thinking?
well if you are talking about the diagram that i drew to separate the 2 sets of fogs so that they are on separate circuits and draw there own amperage as it should be using a relay. you are very wrong.

if you are talking about the fact that current actually flows around the edge of copper wire and not thru the copper wire. you are wrong again.

so keep digging that hole.

i am not sure about you but i am i licensed general contractor, electrician, plumber, Amateur radio operator AKA HAM, certified diver, welder and licensed pyro technician. Motion Picture Special Effects Technician and weapons certified.

all you ever seem to be is a CPA certified Pain in the ***.

i also helped design the wire harness for the street scene kit.

I also helped Zimba last week with his roush kit and it works fine.

anyway lunch is over and i have to get back to set. were blowing up a airplane.

i had chicken and beef for lunch. looks like your having Crow! Enjoy
Old 07-12-2010, 04:11 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by afixer
well if you are talking about the diagram that i drew to separate the 2 sets of fogs so that they are on separate circuits and draw there own amperage as it should be using a relay. you are very wrong.

if you are talking about the fact that current actually flows around the edge of copper wire and not thru the copper wire. you are wrong again.

so keep digging that hole.

i am not sure about you but i am i licensed general contractor, electrician, plumber, Amateur radio operator AKA HAM, certified diver, welder and licensed pyro technician. Motion Picture Special Effects Technician and weapons certified.

all you ever seem to be is a CPA certified Pain in the ***.

i also helped design the wire harness for the street scene kit.

I also helped Zimba last week with his roush kit and it works fine.

anyway lunch is over and i have to get back to set. we are blowing up a airplane.

i had chicken and beef for lunch. looks like your having Crow! Enjoy
AC flows on the surface of the copper wire.
DC flows THRU it.
Read up on the internet bout that one....
Stangs run on DC after tyhe alternator diodes the last time I checked.
You fell into the hole on that one...

The Roush.pdf is the drawing I am refering to, so there...
Design away...
Seems like you dont know the dasics, just how to read directions....
Those that can dont need directions...
Fix that...
Not too big on spelling but can blow stuff up?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:38 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
AC flows on the surface of the copper wire.
DC flows THRU it.
Read up on the internet bout that one....
Stangs run on DC after tyhe alternator diodes the last time I checked.
You fell into the hole on that one...

The Roush.pdf is the drawing I am refering to, so there...
Design away...
Seems like you dont know the dasics, just how to read directions....
Those that can dont need directions...
Fix that...
Not too big on spelling but can blow stuff up?
ok so just got in from a nice 15 hour day and saw your reply.

still having trouble with you not getting that 2 fog setup on different circuits but after noticing your spelling i get it.

So i redid my drawing not roush's as you imply it is and i put lots of redundant words and even colors so you can follow the wires. i also noticed that i had the larger lights as the roush lights on top. Since you are used to picture books that must have confused you. i even revised that too. I am working 14 hour days 5 to 6 days a week and just pop in at breaks, lunch or when i get back to the hotel i don't just sit around like you posting . So yea the first drawing was a bit rushed but the original poster seemed to get it and i am sure would have pmed me if he had a prob.

as for the dc thing yea guess i rushed that one too. i have been making 200 amp 120 volt ac to dc full wave rectifiers for the past couple of weeks for our wind machines so i guess i have AC on the brain.

oh and i also included the roush wire harness so you can see how their kit is wired. hope its not to complicated because it is a PDF i cannot color the wires for you like i did on the one i drew. well i guess i could do an overlay and color them but , you just aint worth any more of my time.

oh yea almost forgot.

the plane blew up nice. you can see it next year when the movie comes out. 300 gallons of diesel, 200 gallons of gas, 40 lbs of black powder and a ton of propane. oh yea !
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
roush-DB157version.pdf (22.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: pdf
roushWiringHarnass.pdf (76.5 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by afixer; 07-12-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:52 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Hey Tom, thanks for the support on the Scene Scene harness when Saleen could not figure it out......adding the GT switch???

Maybe they should have read the Shop Manual.....???

As long as the OP has his challenge handled.....then job well done Men!!!

Oh, 157db......this Afixer gentleman really is a One Man Army.....nothing personal!!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:42 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I bow down to Afixer.
Its all good.

Quick Reply: Help with wiring Headlight + OEM fogs & Roush lower Fogs?