Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with finance guy at the dealership - long story - good read

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:51 PM
2011CS
1st Gear Member

I was a Finance Manager for 12 years, 8 of which I was in a Ford store.

Yes we get paid to sell products and profit is not a dirty word. In fact profit keeps us all employed regardless of your profession.

I now own a company that trains Finance managers.

That being said?

The guy acted like a king sized ***.

I want products sold, but I'm never going to make a person feel that way and I apologize on behalf of Finance people everywhere for his lack of tact and his inability to understand the word no.

Jeff
Old 07-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

You need to report that guy. I had a problem with the guys at Huntington Beach ford so I walked last minute before getting into signing the papers. We had to call the GM and report the problems about their Sales manager that was a very angry person like what you just wrote about.

No one should have to put up with that crap, your spending tons of money on a brand new car, they need to be at your feet. Your helping those greedy bastards pay their bills. They should be happy about it and do as you say.

And yes I know it sounds strange out here in cali, but ive grown up with a Granddad who is a Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer on the east coast and they treat their customers with amazing respect & honesty. We shouldn't have to deal with ******** like that over here in cali.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

"Another word about the warranty and I go to the boss to explain why I will NOT be buying this car"
Old 07-08-2010, 01:12 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Falcon Fixer
"Another word about the warranty and I go to the boss to explain why I will NOT be buying this car"
that would be the best line for the situation, but if you got the car at the price you wanted then i would walk away from the situation, i can understand how pissed i would be but IF his wife DID die and you got him fired with 3 kids he might actually kill himself, then his kids will go to an adoption home, and they will all 3 grow up fu*ked in the head. kid one will: go crazy and kill everyone. Kid 2 will: go off and do drugs while getting girls pregnant with other fu*ked up kids. Kid 3 will: slip into depression and also kill himself... I would let it go instead of releasing all that on the world
Old 07-08-2010, 07:22 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08blackoutstang
that would be the best line for the situation, but if you got the car at the price you wanted then i would walk away from the situation, i can understand how pissed i would be but IF his wife DID die and you got him fired with 3 kids he might actually kill himself, then his kids will go to an adoption home, and they will all 3 grow up fu*ked in the head. kid one will: go crazy and kill everyone. Kid 2 will: go off and do drugs while getting girls pregnant with other fu*ked up kids. Kid 3 will: slip into depression and also kill himself... I would let it go instead of releasing all that on the world
You´re just a bright little ray of sunshine, hmmm?
Old 07-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Mpov
1st Gear Member

I would let it go. Also, you should NEVER bring family, particularly young kids, in tow when engaging in transactions like buying a car. Their presence likely added to your stress level. Not only were you concerned about getting the best deal, you were also concerned about getting out quickly because your wife and daughter were tired. You can't get the best deal while being rushed by family to get out and go home.

Funny thing is, I wasn't even offered an extended warranty when I bought my car.

Last edited by Mpov; 07-08-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

Wow, so the guys wife died and he has 3 kids at home to care for?

BooFreakingHoo.

It sucks the guy was delt a bad hand, but I (like many others I know) are tired of softskulled whinners like this using any excuse they can to treat people however they want. Everyone experiances loss, pain, and suffering in their life. That is NOT an excuse to act however you want and pretend like the world around you should walk on eggshells.

My vote is to talk to the GM.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

I think I'd talk to the GM. Its not your place to worry about this guys personal life. Not your concern and you have no idea what the real story is. You may have just been fed a line to calm you down. If the guy really is having major issues then he can work on that with his boss.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

being that it has been 2+ weeks now since you picked up the car, unless you have to go back to the dealer for something else. Making a trip to the dealer just for this reason only seems trivial too imo
Old 07-08-2010, 11:38 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

I didnt realize its been that long. I'm with Howarmat. You've waited too long to say something now.

Quick Reply: Issue with finance guy at the dealership - long story - good read