Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too Quiet

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

I'm not looking for the same exact sound, but I would like to get somewhat close guys. lol

I want it to definitely sound meaner, to me right now my sixxer sounds weak >_<

i'll definitely check out the Flowmasters and Magnaflow you guys suggested.

P.S. NUKE : I thought ppl weren't suppose to post completely pointless non-helping replies on subjects where ppl are looking for help because they obviously are trying to learn.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:25 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dreamtheory

P.S. NUKE : I thought ppl weren't suppose to post completely pointless non-helping replies on subjects where ppl are looking for help because they obviously are trying to learn.

Don't take anything on this forum personal my friend...
Old 07-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
The term "Axle Back" refers to the part of the exhaust from the axles back (the mufflers).
lol whoops! yeah well I'm learning, i need to learn all the terms again, I haven't been on these forums in a long time. My 5.0 has been resting in the drive way for over a year (I drive it once every 10-14 days to keep it alive) but its not registered so I don't drive it anywhere over a couple miles.

thanks for the clarification!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Yeah OP.
Stick around, you'll see a whole lot more abrasive comments on these boards by other members..
Nuke's alright in my book and he does provide good infos for the old school guys...
Old 07-05-2010, 09:37 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

lol whoops! yeah well I'm learning, i need to learn all the terms again, I haven't been on these forums in a long time. My 5.0 has been resting in the drive way for over a year (I drive it once every 10-14 days to keep it alive) but its not registered so I don't drive it anywhere over a couple miles.

thanks for the clarification!
No problem, you will gain it all back! And like Pascal and myself said don't worry about what people post on here lol. Just beware if you go into Off-Topic expecting any type of legit answer without getting flamed.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

...NUKE : I thought ppl weren't suppose to post completely pointless non-helping replies on subjects where ppl are looking for help because they obviously are trying to learn.
My reply wasn't totally pointless; only partially. It simply informed you that you wouldn't get the sound your 5.0 had.

Other than installing my GT manual takeoff on the g/f's '06 Pony, I have little experience with the V6 exhaust note. The takeoff made a nice improvement in her exhaust note but I'm sure it would be nowhere near what you're looking for. The suggestion to post your question in the V6 section is a good one.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I'm not looking for the same exact sound, but I would like to get somewhat close guys.
All you can do with the characteristic sixxer sound . . . is make it louder. And maybe a little deeper down around idle.

You cannot add the characteristic V8 rumble (that's deep and jumps back and forth between the pipes) when it was never there to begin with. A sixxer will always put out more of a snarly sound as the revs climb under load.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 07-06-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:04 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I like the sound of the SLP Loudmouths on the sixxers. SLP, stands for Street Legal Performance. They have a nice rumble and sound decent at higher RPM's as well. Check out youtube videos to hear for yourself. Also, a club member has straight pipes with Flowmaster's on his sixxer and they sound really good too!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
I like the sound of the SLP Loudmouths on the sixxers. SLP, stands for Street Legal Performance. They have a nice rumble and sound decent at higher RPM's as well. Check out youtube videos to hear for yourself. Also, a club member has straight pipes with Flowmaster's on his sixxer and they sound really good too!
i'll be sure to check it out, thanks much
Old 07-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Retro06MustangGT500
2nd Gear Member

sounds like a tuner i like

Quick Reply: Too Quiet