Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRPP Intake Manifold

Old 07-13-2010, 01:43 AM
dillonbdollar

Talking FRPP Intake Manifold

The manifold is being installed on my car as i type this anyone curious as to what the power will be
Old 07-13-2010, 05:08 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Hey, does this intake also do the CMCV delete like I believe the C&L unit does, or would you also need delete plates with the FRPP manifold?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:14 AM
dysan
2nd Gear Member

What else do you have on your car? If it's just the manifold, the gains aren't going to be much. It's the kind-of bolt-on that should be done with cams and long tubes and the FRPP throttle body. The gains of an intake manifold are in the upper rpm's so having the cams to make power up there, the throttle body to let the air in and the long tubes to loose any restriction will all work together.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

What dysan said. The biggest weak link (after the intake manifold) is most likely the OE cams. Just like installing a larger TB, don't expect gains if the engine can't pull the additional air in. I'd suspect you might see some measurable gains but probably barely enough to feel. Of course, my Stang feels faster after I wash it...
Old 07-13-2010, 12:00 PM
dillonbdollar

Originally Posted by dysan
What else do you have on your car? If it's just the manifold, the gains aren't going to be much. It's the kind-of bolt-on that should be done with cams and long tubes and the FRPP throttle body. The gains of an intake manifold are in the upper rpm's so having the cams to make power up there, the throttle body to let the air in and the long tubes to loose any restriction will all work together.
My car has blow by racing stage 2 cams and ported heads bored .020 over kellog crankshaft, mahley rods, mahley pistons, beehive valve springs, and all supporting mods with out the manifold im sitting at 387 rwhp and 368 rwtq
Old 07-13-2010, 12:10 PM
dillonbdollar

Originally Posted by baddog671
Hey, does this intake also do the CMCV delete like I believe the C&L unit does, or would you also need delete plates with the FRPP manifold?
Yeah the manifold does remove the cmvc plates, but in all honestly with out forced induction or heads/cams the manifold would not be helpful and you would benefit from the cmvc plates more
Old 07-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Hagwood
2nd Gear Member

I've been waiting for this to come out. I'm installing cams and CMCV right now, and would love to just put one of these on while pulling the intake manifold off. Where did you get it and how much if you don't mind ?

Last edited by Hagwood; 07-13-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dillonbdollar
Yeah the manifold does remove the cmvc plates, but in all honestly with out forced induction or heads/cams the manifold would not be helpful and you would benefit from the cmvc plates more
Heads and cams is what I´d like to do...

Originally Posted by Hagwood
I've been waiiing for this to come out. I'm installing cams and CMCV right now, and would love to just put one of these on while pulling the intake manifold off. Where did you get it and how much if you don't mind ?
CJPonyParts just got 10 in stock, so they told me
Old 07-13-2010, 12:35 PM
dillonbdollar

Originally Posted by Hagwood
I've been waiiing for this to come out. I'm installing cams and CMCV right now, and would love to just put one of these on while pulling the intake manifold off. Where did you get it and how much if you don't mind ?
BBR is using my car as the test mule for the manfiold i cannot release the price that it was given to me for but the manifolds are availabe from blowbyracing.com and are priced around $500 they have a limited number so you better hurry
Old 07-13-2010, 12:37 PM
dillonbdollar

Originally Posted by baddog671
Heads and cams is what I´d like to do...

CJPonyParts just got 10 in stock, so they told me
BBR also has the manifolds in stock
www.blowbyracing.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FRPP Intake Manifold