Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bassani exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:39 PM
dray06GT

Question bassani exhaust

i recently purchased an 06 Gt. it hd bassani axleback already and came with the xpipe. when i installed the x pipe i now have a rattle somewhere, but my biggest issue is the service engine light came on. is this normal, the xpipe does have the small cats. i'm new to the 4.6 world so any advice would be appreciated
Old 07-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I would reccommend getting a tuner, that way you can clear your trouble codes, until you get it properly tuned. As far as the rattle goes, its ford quality, just go underneath your car, look for any pipe hitting frame or loose bolts. Be sure to check your x pipe to see if you put it in upside down like I did. I flipped it and the rattle went away...After checking all of that, if you don't find the problem, let me know.

Just cause a pipe fits up, doesn't meant its 100%...Over time the vibrations will cause the rattling to get worse.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Cal26Stang
I would reccommend getting a tuner, that way you can clear your trouble codes, until you get it properly tuned. As far as the rattle goes, its ford quality, just go underneath your car, look for any pipe hitting frame or loose bolts. Be sure to check your x pipe to see if you put it in upside down like I did. I flipped it and the rattle went away...After checking all of that, if you don't find the problem, let me know.

Just cause a pipe fits up, doesn't meant its 100%...Over time the vibrations will cause the rattling to get worse.

How would you tell if the pipe was upside down? Just look for some labeling or something?
Also how in the heck are you doing SLP loudmouths with long tubes and an x pipe?

I had SLP's and BBK ceramic longtubes with a catted x pipe and it got so bad it actually caused huge vibration and sound in my dash at 1k to 1.2k RPM

Took the SLP's off and put stock mufflers on.
Now I still have a little vibration at startup and untill the engine gets warm then it goes away. I had THREE shops looking for loose ends or things that might be touching and could find NOTHING.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 07-22-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:29 PM
dray06GT

yeah i was looking into getting a tuner. so a tune can eliminate this? any suggestions on what tuner to buy? any easy mods to help living this thing up? i think i bought the slowest gt in the universe .. thanks for the info.. i'll check under the car tomorrow and see if ive missed something
Old 07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Tuner can help you to find out exactly what the codes mean.
It can also clear the codes for you.
The tuner is not going to get rid of the rattle though haha.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Well, the label was upside down, and I noticed that the flip gave the x more clearance...

it does still rattle a very small bit, it's hardly noticeable at all, my friend and I think its caused by the extra air exiting the rear, it's louder, therefore there is more vibrations

also, I tightened up my slp hanger on the passenger side, rewelded it etc...that seemed to make it line up perfectly, it looks nice...

lol, i love my exhaust setup, o/r x and slp lms + lts...lol after going to pinks all out last weekend, my car feels extremely quiet...I personally love the raspieness lol and the trumpting at high rpms...is it the best setup? no! do I enjoy it and love it? yes!

Plus, I'm gonna put some manhattan oil scents into my gas tank every now and then so my exhaust fumes will smell like grape or fruit punch lol...you guys ever hear of it?
Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
dray06GT

so the xpipe is probably the reason for the code? if so i might just replace the stock one until i get a tuner unless it isnt hurting anything??