Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For city driving?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Altami

Default For city driving?

Hey everybody first of all let me start by saying that I was once a CAMARO enthusiast, but after really looking at the interior of both the Mustang and Camaro I have come to terms that they Camaro's interior is freaking ugly. Anyways, I am in a dilemma. I am moving to San Diego to attend UCSD pretty soon and I am looking for a new car. I am just wondering what people think I would be better off with the v6 or 5.0 Mustang, both being 2011. I would like to have a v8 now mainly because I have had two vehicles and both have been v6's. But what do you guys think I would be better off with?
Old 07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

What would keep your from buying a V8? Will you be doing a lot of stop and go driving? V-8 out of your budget?? Let us know what your thinking about so we can offer more accurate advice.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Altami

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
What would keep your from buying a V8? Will you be doing a lot of stop and go driving? V-8 out of your budget?? Let us know what your thinking about so we can offer more accurate advice.
Yea I guess I was a little vague, sorry bout that. Well I guess it would most likely be the "stop and go" traffic. Both the V6 and V8 would be in my budget but I was just wondering what would best for a college student. Like I said mainly the "stop and go" would be the issue. After that I would have to say if the gas mileage is really that big of a difference with the V8 compared to the V6. Also if the ride is any different. I have already tried the V8 but not the V6, so if anybody has tried both and tell me if they are the same or if one is worse than the other?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:46 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by Altami
Yea I guess I was a little vague, sorry bout that. Well I guess it would most likely be the "stop and go" traffic. Both the V6 and V8 would be in my budget but I was just wondering what would best for a college student. Like I said mainly the "stop and go" would be the issue. After that I would have to say if the gas mileage is really that big of a difference with the V8 compared to the V6. Also if the ride is any different. I have already tried the V8 but not the V6, so if anybody has tried both and tell me if they are the same or if one is worse than the other?
If you can afford it do the v8. You notice such response in the 5.0 compared to the v6. IMO the only reason someone may want a v6 is because they think that 300 horses is enough and that they do alot of driving so 31mpg makes sense. Otherwise (especially) if you own another car why not the v8? Go 4 IT!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Altami
I have come to terms that they Camaro's interior is freaking ugly.
Thank you, good to see I'm not the only one.

I'd say get the 5.0 if you can handle it. I just turned 20 and I think it would be a bad idea to have a 412hp sports car at this age but it all depends on the person. I'd probably kill myself. I'd like to say if I did it over again, I'd get a GT, but feel the V6 is a good stepping stone & experience. Especially if going from a Jetta like I did. But my next will very likely be a GT.

If you're going to be doing a lot of city driving, the extra hp of the 5.0 might be pointless and the mileage of the V6 might be a better idea
Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

A college student will get laid faster with the V8. Unfortunately, the dealership won't open until the morning.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Nuke, you are sooooo bad.....

But yes, get the V8 if you can.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Altami

Yea, I mean I am going to be in San Diego so I guess I might be doing a lot of city driving...but then again, the V8 would be nice. I really have to think about what would be the best, whether I want a SS beater or a Camaro V6 beater, cause either way the mustang kicks both there asses! Thanks for the input guys.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Shella... nevemind. LOL!

Altami, the V6 and V8 are totally different animals. The testosterone level from the V8 is uncanny. Just do it.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
A college student will get laid faster with the V8.
I beg to differ

Quick Reply: For city driving?