Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new sound from BRENSPEED

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

I do not mind drone but hey I still love the sound of a big Radial Aircraft Motor my friends still fly airmail in DC-3 C models and I love the drone of the motors but hey I'm glad you got rid of the trump and now enjoy a clean throttle sound as far as being to loud anything that drowns out the ricers on the road with the angry lawnmower sound I say the louder the better can not say my village loves how loud mine is but I have to listen to the kids thump the Hip Hop they can use to my Detroit Rockers Thundering down the road.

TW
Old 07-29-2010, 11:02 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

HM, seeing posts like this always make me wonder, what would mine sound like if I just installed turn downs at the end of my X-pipe.... lol. Then i remember I live in a condo with a nasty association and there already pissed at me.

Anyway, glad your liking your sound, now get a video up so the rest of us can drool!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:25 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

well here we go i'll show the before and after video of the hi flo's. Like I was saying they really cleaned up the exhuast sound. Before i was really hesitant about getting headers installed b/c i thought it was going to be unbearable but now they will be going on next spring.

Before Hi Flo's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K34vq...eature=channel

After

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Hbv...eature=channel

enjoy
Old 07-29-2010, 07:45 PM
SkyStang06
2nd Gear Member

nice color choice

and yea, the sound has cleaned itself up a bit. I wish i could hear it in person though but im out here in L.A.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:28 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkyStang06
nice color choice

and yea, the sound has cleaned itself up a bit. I wish i could hear it in person though but im out here in L.A.

Nice car man. So from the idle in the before video is much more aggressive but when i was driving down the road it was wicked. So the comaprison isnt great but it gives you and idea. Before the hi flo's at idle the thing sounded awesome. Now at idle its a bit more consistent sounding which i think is better. If u go with a set up and u need to tone it down then i suggest the hi flo's. They will keep that nice american muscle sound without it being a pia
Old 07-30-2010, 08:01 AM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

its still loud b/c it still vibrates the pictures on the wall. before it would nearly knock them off the wall
Old 08-01-2010, 07:29 AM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default Sounds Great

JC like the clip the sound is smooth.JD yes got to watch out for the Condo Cops in my MAY issue of VFW monthly a Home Owner in Virginia planted a flag pole and the American flag in his yard the HOA went full throttle to take his home and gave this man grief.He is a 90yr old retired officer who just happen to recieve The Medal Of Honor during WWII.I'm affraid they would kick U out and take your Pony into a field and shoot it, they hate animals as well.

TW
Old 08-01-2010, 09:03 AM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Before i added the hi flo's i got lots of complitments at the gas station. Funny thing my girl friend pointed this out to me today that all my friends never said it sounded nice. They always said "THATS LOUD".
Old 08-01-2010, 10:36 AM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default In Town vs Open Road

Yes it was LOUD finding what U like is what is #1
Thanks again now I have O/R H and Hi Flow video to compare when I decide to replace the PYPES Muf deletes kind of sounds like a boat but when U hit the throttle it sounds like a day at the races.Glad U found your sound!

TW
Old 08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Ronn
1st Gear Member

which high flow cats did you use and where did you put them the exhaust pipe, before the h or after the h.

Quick Reply: My new sound from BRENSPEED