Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 KR HOOD MIGHT BE FOR TRADE DEPENDING ON ADVISE..

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:42 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
The morale of the story is fail for paying $4000 for a hood.
agreed
Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 PM
bozodozo

Originally Posted by mustang51js
i would put it back on ebay and sell it, then get the sc you want,and then get another aftermarket hood later on
Thats what I plan to do if I decide to sell it..Im still in the middle...Im trying to figure out on what sc I want first..I been doing my homework so I will decide soon..I might just end up waiting though..

Originally Posted by If yours truly [I
is[/i] a real KR hood, it'll eventually be worth more than what you paid, to go onto a KR that needs one. I don't know how many Shleby has left in stock, but I'm sure it's a finite number, and those originals will no longer be made. A good copy however, may be easy to come by; who knows.
There is no if it is a KR hood..I own it..I know its a KR hood or the money would have never left my hand! I did not buy this and have it shipped..it was right here in NY so I went right there to buy it!

I still say OP pics or GTFO!
Bro get over yourself..You have dont nothing but run your mouth since the day i came on..Are you jealous you dont have one or something..If you have nothing good to say then why dont YOU GTFO! This hood is all wrapped up put up in the rafters of my garage..I showed you the F-ing ebay auction link to where it came from..Im not going to take it down and un wrap it just to take a picture for some big mouth like you who cant seem to get over the fact I have one and you dont..WHEN the day comes where I decide to list it for sale offically,I will personally send you the link to where its for sale and post my OWN pictures JUST FOR YOU! AND if you would like since your on them so much I will stand next to it so you can see my nuts also! Sound good!

Originally Posted by CWyler
If he spent $4K on a hood, I just don't see how he could possibly be on a budget haha
Actually im not on a budget..BUT I do have a wife that will have a cow..And children and way more important things to spend our money on..I buy my toys with spare money I save..This is money my wont does not know exists since I SAVE it..So when I said im broke now what I was getting at is My side savings is broke,,so it will take me some time to save money again for a SC..I dont just spend mine and my wifes money on anything and everything I want, I do it with side savings..not our bank savings or checking!

The morale of the story is fail for paying $4000 for a hood.

The only moral to the story is you cant seem to stop thinking about my hood and having nothing but negative crap to say..I feel sorry for people like you..

Originally Posted by pascal
I agree.
Especially if it's all you do to the car...

But if you have it all decked out and wanna go the extra mile with a top of the line hood, I can understand that. Like all show, all go and such.
Putting a kr hood on my car is not the only thing I plan to do by far!

Last edited by howarmat; 08-02-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:09 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by bozodozo
Putting a kr hood on my car is not the only thing I plan to do by far!
Well then, hurry up!
I'll be the first one to compliment you.
We like modded cars around here.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:11 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

I don't feel like it was a bad move buying the hood, but please, don't put it on your car. It's just a really bad idea. Whatever conditions you live in there's no possible way you can let that hood keep its value. Even local KR owners I know have removed pieces from their car, wrapped them in foam, and stored them away, and put fake lookalike parts on the cars. With all the elements out to destroy our beautiful cars, having a 4k part mounted on your car is just stupid. I mean...it's like mounting an original Van Gogh on your roof....but hey, your choice.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:16 PM
bozodozo

Originally Posted by pascal
Well then, hurry up!
I'll be the first one to compliment you.
We like modded cars around here.
I can prolly have the car done in a month if you wanna let me borrow the money..
Old 08-02-2010, 05:21 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by bozodozo
I can prolly have the car done in a month if you wanna let me borrow the money..
Well, this doesn't suit my sarcasm now.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:24 PM
bozodozo

Originally Posted by UpTo11
I don't feel like it was a bad move buying the hood, but please, don't put it on your car. It's just a really bad idea. Whatever conditions you live in there's no possible way you can let that hood keep its value. Even local KR owners I know have removed pieces from their car, wrapped them in foam, and stored them away, and put fake lookalike parts on the cars. With all the elements out to destroy our beautiful cars, having a 4k part mounted on your car is just stupid. I mean...it's like mounting an original Van Gogh on your roof....but hey, your choice.
Thats not a bad idea..But I often wonder if this now days will be worth big bucks down the road..I mean think about it..All old stiff is worth money now because no one back then thought to save them because they would be worth money..Now days everyone saves things hoping for it to turn to gold in 40 years..I actually saw something on the web a while ago about this..Alot of people predict that the things of today wont be worth as much 40 years down the road just because people now know to save them..Think about it..a 1952 topps mickey mantle card is worth like what $30,000 and one has sold for as high as $275,000 in early 2000...and our parents used to put them in the spokes of there wheels on their bikes like nothing..I have herd time and time again from people saying damn, I used to have like 10 of those...But no one saved them, and if they did they would not be worth as much.
!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:49 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

YES I believe it will appreciate in value, because you were/are planning to put it on your hood, and then it's going to hail/someone's going to hit you/you're gonna wreck it/earthquake/meteor shower, and it will be worthless. Same to whoever else has an authentic KR hood mounted on a car that sees sunlight.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:48 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

dude learn to multiqoute please! you made 6 posts for no reason

here is how btw

click on button next to quote for all post you want to quote

then click the "quote" button on the last post and then type away

Last edited by howarmat; 08-02-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

How exactly does one "multiqoute"?

Quick Reply: MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 KR HOOD MIGHT BE FOR TRADE DEPENDING ON ADVISE..