Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do when I pick up my car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 12:15 AM
brchan
1st Gear Member

Default What to do when I pick up my car?

Okay,

The dealer says that my car is coming in tomorrow, Friday at the latest. It's a GT premium coupe with most of the bells and whistles. What is the experience like? Can I still haggle a price? Or worse yet, can the dealer add on stuff I didn't ask for, like swapping out the wheels for more expensive ones? I've never ordered a car before, and I've never had to wait since April for it either! Knowing that you've waited a long time for a car that you want really bad puts the buyer at the dealer's mercy! [:-]

Bryan
Old 08-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Krazed
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What to do when I pick up my car?

I guess it would depend on the dealer, but I honestly don't think so.

As for mine, there was no haggle over the price. Of course this also insured that they couldn't add anything I didn't ask for.

Generally when you order a car they quote you a price and you pick the specs. As long as you come up with your end you get exactly what you asked for.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:57 AM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

If you ordered the car, I would think the price has already been agreed upon. You should also have some sort of signed record of the build sheet, so you know exactly what the dealer has promised.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:29 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Bring that checkbook, and some money to fill up the tank, and enjoy!!!

congrats!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

YUP! You ordered... the price is set...

I would bring a towel... cus when you first sit in it... well.. there have been accidents....
Old 08-11-2005, 11:14 AM
momustang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brchan

Okay,

The dealer says that my car is coming in tomorrow, Friday at the latest. It's a GT premium coupe with most of the bells and whistles. What is the experience like? Can I still haggle a price? Or worse yet, can the dealer add on stuff I didn't ask for, like swapping out the wheels for more expensive ones? I've never ordered a car before, and I've never had to wait since April for it either! Knowing that you've waited a long time for a car that you want really bad puts the buyer at the dealer's mercy! [:-]

Bryan
HOPEFULLY, you read this before going to pick up your beauty...

For the hell of it, get a vehicle pricing report, prefereably one that has the TMV or FMV (True Market Value or Fair Market Value) for the car as you ordered it, along with each upgrade priced separately.

I suggest this because I ordered mine, agreed on a price, but then the car did NOT arrive as ordered. I had to RE-haggle the price with them, and the only leverage I had was the pricing report which allowed me to show them how much they were trying to screw me over.

Other than making sure everything is as-ordered, you should go through the car and inspect it TOP-TO-BOTTOM, looking for scratches, paint-peels, ANYTHING that doesn't belong, and then DEMAND it gets fixed at THEIR EXPENSE.

Can you tell I had some issues on my delivery day?

Good luck with her!
~Mo
Old 08-12-2005, 01:54 PM
brchan
1st Gear Member

I picked up my car last night!!!

Everything went really smooth, salesman was great. It was exactly what I ordered and for the exact same price. It was so worth waiting the 4 1/2 months for it!!!
The good thing is that I already haggled with the finance woman in April regarding extended warranty and maintenance package, so that went fast and smooth too.
Here's what I picked up:
GT premium in satin silver metallic, manual trans, with spoiler delete and red interior with interior upgrade package, side airbags. I opted for the basic "bullit" wheels that came standard. I wanted to keep that "retro" look.
Thanks for everyone's advice!!!

Bryan
Old 08-12-2005, 02:03 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Congrat man......[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 08-12-2005, 02:11 PM
brchan
1st Gear Member

I know, I know. Gotta get the pics. I want to do a "before" and "after." I ordered the Eleanor body kit from Cervini's. They had a 6 week back-up, so I'm supposed to receive shipment on that by next week or so. But I'll try to post pics of her before her X-treme Makeover!

Bryan
Old 08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

CONGRATS Brchan...

Welcome to the crowd!

Were you grinnin on your way home?

Were you hoping the stop light would stop you so you would get to take off again?