Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R.I.P V6, 08-07-10

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Honestly, I don't know how they get it to line up so perfectly in the pictures because out the box that's not the case. It doesn't really line up properly so I'm guessing some work has to be done in order for it to fit good.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Went car hunting this week and test drove the 2011 5.0 for the heck of it. The first thing that went on my face when I turned the ignition on was a huge smirk on my face. When I drove it: holy cow. Best test drive ever! I never did like the style of it but after sitting in one my decision might have been swayed a little. I'll be doing some mustang searching at the Syosset Mustang show this Sunday as well, so who knows which path I'll take.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Argetni
1st Gear Member

Sorry about your car!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
Went car hunting this week and test drove the 2011 5.0 for the heck of it. The first thing that went on my face when I turned the ignition on was a huge smirk on my face. When I drove it: holy cow. Best test drive ever! I never did like the style of it but after sitting in one my decision might have been swayed a little. I'll be doing some mustang searching at the Syosset Mustang show this Sunday as well, so who knows which path I'll take.

Sorry about the car bro but that would be a helluva upgrade (11 5.0)..
Old 08-21-2010, 03:20 PM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

do you still have the wrecked stang?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:51 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
I know the feeling. That sweet engine noise is addicting. Took my wife on a test drive while a wait for my car to be built...she understands now why I wanted a manual, and was impressed by the feel of the car. I kept thinking about it the rest of the night.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:38 PM
SkyStang06
2nd Gear Member

hope it all works out for you, sorry to hear this
Old 08-21-2010, 06:53 PM
ColoradoCruiser

Wow, that looks like a scary crash. Curious about your comment that you can't touch it until the adjuster sees it though - remember, you own the car, not them. You're in complete control and can deny them access (if for some crazy reason you wanted to).

I was in a motorcycle wreck last fall (hence the new Mustang conv!) and before I allowed the bike to be moved to the adjuster I stripped off all the things I wanted to claim and sell. Good thing I did, because they practically raped me on the few things I had to leave behind.

You don't have to accept the insurance companies offer either. If it gets to the point that they aren't budging, you can file a lawsuit against the owner of the car because they are the responsible party and the ins co is acting on their behalf. If it comes to that, you can bet the owner will be on the phone with the ins co bitching them out!

BTW, I'm not a lawyer, so don't take that as legal advice! Check with a motor vehicle accident lawyer in your area....
Old 08-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the advice. Well I got $18,000 for the car which is way more than I expected for an '07 V6 @ 32,000 miles, so I can't complain.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^^that's a helluva deal, damn!!