Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 MF Fantasy Football League Sign-Up - Sponsored by American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:13 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

5 Spots Remaining. Get those PMs in quickly.

Side Note: Does anyone have any cool ideas for this league? Maybe something that includes our cars? I don't know, just trying to be the best GM possible. I already made up some really good awards that will be listed beside your name. Some of them are weekly awards, some regular season, and some tournament. If you win any of the permanent awards and play again next year, they carry over. Pretty cool stuff.

Last edited by HT; 08-17-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

Send me a PM with the info, i think i might want to join in on this =)
Old 08-18-2010, 12:53 PM
anderman
1st Gear Member

pm sent
Old 08-18-2010, 01:07 PM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

pm sent
Old 08-18-2010, 02:52 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dreamtheory
Send me a PM with the info, i think i might want to join in on this =)
Okay...what do you want to know? I don't have anything specific typed up. I can answer any questions you have, but most everything was listed in the first post of the thread.

Just let me know what you have questions about, and if you want to join, send me a PM that contains your email address and we can go from there.

3 Spots Remaining.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: After all 16 spots are filled, and by filled I mean invited, there will be a 2 day window to join. Joining entails checking your email, and going through the steps to create your team on www.espn.com in the league. If you have any questions about this, let me know.

I will post on here the second this window begins, so it doesn't matter if I invited you 10 days ago or you were the last person invited, you have 2 days. If you do not join in that 2 day period, I will void your invite, and open the spot up for someone else. No questions asked. Sorry if this seems harsh, but if you can't join in 2 days, I doubt your going to update your roster, as well as the fact that the draft can't start if the league isn't filled. Therefore, I'm not going to skirt with that deadline.

Remember, feel free to ask questions. I'm not Hitler, I'm the Commish.

HT
MFFFL Commish

Last edited by HT; 08-18-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:24 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

If you still have space, I want in!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:40 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

2 Slots Remaining.

If you just said, "Send me information" or "I want in!" you're not guaranteed a spot. As I've said, the first 15 email addresses that I get will be the 15 people joining me in the league, barring any other violations of the rules I've set forth.

Also, I'll send out an email on this as well, but I wanted to see what the league members thought about this. So let me know.

There will be 16 teams. Would you rather have a 12 team playoff, with the top 4 teams getting first round byes (reward for these teams), or a 8 teams playoff with no byes? The tricky thing here is player resting near the end of the season by top teams. The 12 teams bracket will, like a traditional league, be decided on Week 17, when some players may be sidelined because their team has already locked up a playoff spot, homefield advantage, etc. The 8 team bracket would end on Week 16, which doesn't eliminate this possibility, but makes it much less probable.

Traditionally, player resting is just part of fantasy football, and Fantasy Coaches just have to deal with it, however, I thought I would put this up to the league. Democratic style.

My vote is for the 12 Team Playoff. So, that's:

12 Team: 1
8 Team: 0

Also, if you look at your team page on espn.com, you will see a draft order number as soon as you join. This is randomly selected by the site, so I have no control over it. I can't guarantee that this will be your final draft slot, but there is a 95% chance that it will be.

If you look under draft settings, it says that the order is "Manually Set By League Manager." This is not true. I set it randomly and then changed it so that I have access to change it as a penalty (hopefully not, but you never know). I personally promise that I did not arrange any of the picks for certain people, including myself. Actually, the pick number is predetermined before you even enter the league, so essentially I know what pick you will get in the draft before you even join the league, because I see it when I enter your information.

Also, draft picks can be traded.

This last bit is probably news that no one would have even noticed, but I want to be completely open and honest about this entire thing. I'm running this league as fairly as I possibly can, because that makes things much more entertaining and fun.

HT
MFFFL Commish

Last edited by HT; 08-18-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:51 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

playoffs could be 12 or 8...each has diff strategy...but i know this may be a stupid question but i can't for the life of me think of how the hell to assign myself to team 12...lol please help
Old 08-19-2010, 12:08 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

You haven't even joined yet...you don't get to pick your team number...they just go in the order that I receive email addresses. Sorry, haha. And let's not go telling everyone what the remaining draft spots are...because that wouldn't really be fair to those that have already joined not knowing.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

haha, my bad...figured it out...i've always been told i'm special (ed)

Quick Reply: 2010 MF Fantasy Football League Sign-Up - Sponsored by American Muscle