Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bbk intake???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 01:21 PM
tdurham19
1st Gear Member

Default bbk intake???

I have a 2006 v6 with dual exhaust and this is my everyday driving car. I am thinking about getting the bbk intake. However I wanted to know if you can hear a diffrence from bbk and stock intake? I really dont care to much about performance, I have a v6 and Im not planning on getting a supercharger, so I at least want it to sound good. My exhaust sounds good but I want to make it sound better with an aftermarket intake.

And for those that are gonna post get the intake and tune combo I really dont want a tune im not looking for performance and Im not sure but I dont think tunes make the car sound better.

So any suggestions on which intake sounds the best with out a tune?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:59 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

An intake is NOT going to make your car sound supercharged or different for that matter. On a GT you a get a little "woosh" sound when you shift but thats it. IMO your best bet for a more aggressive sound is to change up your exhaust. Off-road midpipe for example.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ffk_pennywise
An intake is NOT going to make your car sound supercharged or different for that matter. On a GT you a get a little "woosh" sound when you shift but thats it. IMO your best bet for a more aggressive sound is to change up your exhaust. Off-road midpipe for example.
Yes it does. Not significant or anything but it makes a sucking, very, very slight whistling noise when on the throttle. My JLT does at least. I like it, but it's still no supercharger whine. But you're right about the exhaust

My personal opinion is don't bother with a CAI unless you plan on getting a tune. For one, they don't do a lot on their own and second, they are known to throw CELs and give problems. Not all, but it happens. A good tune is what makes a difference, performance wise. American Muscle has combos starting at $529 and they're great

Last edited by Alec; 08-26-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:53 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

As you may already know, a stand alone CAI will not gain you much performance, possibly (5-7) HP. Actually, a CAI/Tune will make the exhaust sound a bit louder and deeper too. The CAI does whistle a bit under the hood. A buddy in my Mustang group has the BBK w/out a tune and that thing whistles a lot louder than my Airaid intake! Hope this helps.

Last edited by kevinmalec; 08-26-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:57 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like intakes are a bit louder on the V6's than GT's.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 PM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Sounds like intakes are a bit louder on the V6's than GT's.
well my v6 with a BBK with NO tune whistles like a b*tch, no supercharger wine though haha
Old 08-26-2010, 08:38 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

You get a smiliar sound on the V6, and it whistles.

With the BBK you will notice throttle response and thats about it, I have one.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 PM
tdurham19
1st Gear Member

I have a dynomax exhaust and it sounds great, better then most GTs. So Im not gonna change the exhaust. But yea if the bbk does give me a deeper sound and even a little whistle that sounds good to me!! Thanks alot, you all were really helpfull!!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:36 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I don't really understand why you wouldn't want to make your car sound and drive more aggressively, but hey, to each his own. I don't think you will really hear a change, and if you have a nice dual exhaust system, I suspect that even if there was a change, you wouldn't hear it.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:36 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdurham19
I have a dynomax exhaust and it sounds great, better then most GTs. So Im not gonna change the exhaust. But yea if the bbk does give me a deeper sound and even a little whistle that sounds good to me!! Thanks alot, you all were really helpfull!!
It didn't change my exhaust note really and I don't have stock exhaust. Go for it if thats what you want, your car my friend!

Quick Reply: bbk intake???