Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny nightmares

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:56 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I had many problems with Ford dealers trying to weasel them selves out of doing the work under warranty, or just plain incompetence (I had a loose tire vaulve they looked the wrong one said it was fine {hmmm how much time is it to check all 4}) but now I take my car to a local Mustang performance shop (I already had a leaking differential) that does tunning and other after market things. They know the cars a lot better than the dealer mechanic. They could do it right the 1st time.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
atomicpunk
1st Gear Member

Well Ford says that air is getting into the hydraulic system for the clutch, if air is getting in then the fluid will also leak out where the leak is. Do you have to add brake fluid or notice a few drips or small puddle on the ground under your car?
Old 09-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Bird1606
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by atomicpunk
Well Ford says that air is getting into the hydraulic system for the clutch, if air is getting in then the fluid will also leak out where the leak is. Do you have to add brake fluid or notice a few drips or small puddle on the ground under your car?
No, there is no leak, the fluid reservoir is full, and there has been no issue with brake pressure. It is solely the clutch hydraulic line.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:18 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bird1606
They "fixed" it there under warranty
Problem was never resolved, issue started and was reported under warranty. They are obligated to fix this problem. Thats the Ford factory warranty too, so when it comes to the phone call you will need to make to Ford, tell them what happened, also that the dealers charged you for work that should be covered by Ford mo co. They owe you money back man. You might end up needing a lawyer if they try to stone wall you, but seriously, it is a continuation of the same issue you reported under warranty.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by atomicpunk
Air molecules are smaller and much more viscus then hydraulic fluid, this may not be true.

They have replaced your salve cylinder twice, it could simply be that where the tube coming off the transmission and threads into the tube coming from the clutch pedal is loose. Or the tube itself could be bad. Either way, replacing the same part twice makes no seance. They should have done more troubleshooting and tried different parts. There are only like 4 parts that effect the whole system. The pedals cylinder, the tube off the pedal, the tube running from firewall to transmission, and the slave cylinder. There idiots, how hard is it to say, the slave cylinder has been replaced twice, whats left.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:43 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Wow reguardless you car should be covered under warranty from ford bumper to bumper i dont see why you had to pay any type of money to them..Prolly just trying to pull you along till you pass 36,000 miles then really screw you...But nah point blank you car is covered under warranty by ford Bumper to bumper till 36,000 miles that would be my argument..fight that bro and get your money back..
Old 09-16-2010, 01:13 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

well his car is a 07 probably purchased more then 3 years ago, so 3 year or 36, whatever comes first probably applied. Even then though, the original problem was reported before either expired, its covered.

not to mention this:
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=270&viewfil...20Controls.pdf
I mean, thats the ford manual, what section is that under? oh right, powertrain.... Thats 5year, 60k miles right?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:23 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
well his car is a 07 probably purchased more then 3 years ago, so 3 year or 36, whatever comes first probably applied. Even then though, the original problem was reported before either expired, its covered.

not to mention this:
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=270&viewfil...20Controls.pdf
I mean, thats the ford manual, what section is that under? oh right, powertrain.... Thats 5year, 60k miles right?
yeah well depends when op actually purchased the car if that 3 year is actually up but your right at that point, but it must not be cause op said they told him its not "Covered under warranty" so he still must be in his warranty but witch one? they are giving him bs saying its not a Tranny problem related...powertrain is 5/60,000 so one way or another he gotta be covered either regular 3/36,000 or powertrain 5/60,000..No money should be coming out of his pocket..but curious if op is out of the factory 3/36,000.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:47 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

if it were my car I would order parts 3, 6, 7, 8 and replace myself. Well actually I would be having a very frank conversation with the local Ford service manager, ask why they need to call Ford engineering support to figure out a very simple fluidics issue, demand my money back, and tell them I will be the engineer for them, and that they need to inspect / replace 3,6,7,8 since 1 has been replaced twice already.

Last edited by JDWalton; 09-16-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

The only problem I have with Ford's design is....

Has anyone noticed there isn't a "bleed" screw or anything to flush out old fluid and replace with new. No bleed screw to flush out air in the line either.

Heck, GM's hydraulic clutch master and slave....the bleed screw was on the slave cylinder.

WHERE IS THE BLEED SCREW IN THE DESIGN FORD????

Quick Reply: Tranny nightmares