Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustangforums UNITE and please help :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Horseman59

Default Mustangforums UNITE and please help :(

I recently purchased the steeda underdrive pulleys for my 2006 mustang gt. I Have a 93 octane tune, BBK air intake and Pype bomb axle backs. I installed my underdrive pulleys exactly the way Taco Bill's write up says. (My car is an automatic) I got everything put back together then the car would not start. I turned it off and tried it again and the car started and went to about 2200 rpms then rpms dropped and the car died. I tried to crank it a few more times, sometimes it would crank and die, sometimes it would just not crank. I'm completely stumped guys and I'm in need of some serious help. Can you all tell me whats the problem? thanks
Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Check engine light?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:17 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Did you disconnect anything that may not have been re-connected, or connected improperly? I can't think of anything else you could have done that would cause this problem.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Horseman59

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
Check engine light?
Nope, it only stayed cranked for about 10 seconds.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Horseman59

Originally Posted by jz
Did you disconnect anything that may not have been re-connected, or connected improperly? I can't think of anything else you could have done that would cause this problem.
I double checked, could this be caused from my air intake not on all the way? maybe i should retune my car?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:24 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Yes I would defintely say your intake not being installed all the way would cause the problem. The MAF will not read correctly if at all. You shouldn't need to retune unless you now have the check engine light on. Although, it's not going to hurt anything and if it gives you peace of mind then retune away. Good luck. Hopefully it's just the intake.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:24 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

I would try reloading the tune. As a matter of fact load the factory tune and see if it runs atleast. It should idle with the even with the CAI on stock tune
Old 09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Horseman59

Thanks guys I got it cranked and running. The CAI was hanging a tad and i had a sensor unplugged! but now i have a check engine light.....any ideas?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:04 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Horseman59
Thanks guys I got it cranked and running. The CAI was hanging a tad and i had a sensor unplugged! but now i have a check engine light.....any ideas?
Yea, clear it with your tuner and drive it. It's left over from the sensor being unplugged.

What is the Code?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:08 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Horseman59
Recheck all your connections and drive the car for 10 miles. If check engine light is still on check your connections again and make sure the belt is on properly.

Quick Reply: Mustangforums UNITE and please help :(