Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory AUX In plug for 2005 'stangs... (look)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

And after looking at the pic again, maybe I should just disassemble her console, find out if that C3312 exists, what it's configuration looks like and go from there. Or maybe just go home tonight, have some wine with dinner and check back to see if anyone else has more drive than I do...
Old 09-23-2010, 08:04 AM
TorchedGT
1st Gear Member

I think it exists, since the drawing was made (presumably) in 2005. Also, if there's any mention of an aux in wire, it's for that purpose (since there's no other input into the radio, AND that's where the future model year cars had the jack located).

I tried to get in there through the access door and I must have been smoking crack - can't get more than 2" in there. I had some more luck through the shift boot, but all I found out was that there is indeed a wire bundle running along the passenger side of that console - the cup holders go down almost to the sheet metal so you can't see under/past them. Whose STUPID idea was it to have a massive one-piece center console anyways?!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by TorchedGT
So, maybe someone can tell me what THIS is..

..and yes, this was off of the "Component Location Views" section of a 2005 workshop manual.

That workshop manual even has component location views that show a plug for satellite radio hookup
in the rear of the vehicle!
I call BS.

Whats your source for this 05 Workshop Manual?
Cough up the proof or go home...
Old 09-23-2010, 12:14 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

05-06 did not come with an aux port in the cabin of the car. My shaker 500 does have the button to switch to aux, though does nothing that I can tell. I am interested also to know if this is possible. Right now I have to use a FM transmitter if I want to listen to my zune or use my phone for music. Sound quality is not too shabby but is not convenient as just plugging it into the console.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:21 PM
TorchedGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
I call BS.

Whats your source for this 05 Workshop Manual?
Cough up the proof or go home...
Uh, am I missing something? You're seriously trying to turn a legitimate forum conversation into some kinda e-fight or something? Back off. "Calling BS" and throwing random "catchy" attack lines at me doesn't really make you look cool.

Either contribute with something constructive, or YOU can go home? Har har.

Anyways this is off of the web-hosted version of the FACTORY FORD SERVICE MANUAL in the wiring schematics - location views section.

Do you think I got bored, sketched up a drawing of the center console cutaway, and randomly picked component connector codes that just HAPPEN to match up to ford service connector codes?

Ya know, a mature person who may not agree with my conclusion of this picture would simply NOT REPLY and wait for a verdict when someone actually takes the center console apart.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:34 PM
TorchedGT
1st Gear Member

Sweet this looks easier than I thought - says to remove shift boot, the two screws under the compartment door, and engage e-brake then remove that top cover section of the center console (floor console finish panel as they call it).

I'm thinking from there we'll know our answer! ...the suspense is killing me
Old 09-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Do it and let us know. You could save a lot of us a lot of trouble.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:49 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Subscribed.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:11 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

I wanna know too before I pull the console on my 06'. My mix cds are getting old.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:37 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you will have to more 2 panels by the radio and 2 more screws to remove actually if you want to remove the console complete to give you more room

Quick Reply: Factory AUX In plug for 2005 'stangs... (look)