Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trac control...on or off

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Default Trac control...on or off

SO it is 10:30 pm last night and I am rolling home from the womans house. A couple of hood rats in a caddy has already unsuspectingly cut me off with a jump start from a red light. Already pissed I roll up to another stop light next to some punk kid in a late model camero who doesn't even give me a look. Feeling that feeling I reach up and turn off the traction control. We hit the green light like bandits running out of a bank with bags of cash... I take 1st gear 6K and slam it into 2nd ripping off a nasty squeal and put the punk in his place.

The question is: Better in that situation to have the trac control on or off? What I worry about is the rev limiter in a crucial area like going to 6K and hitting second hard and meeting the computer rev limiter thus getting beat on the start.

?????
Old 08-15-2005, 02:36 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Trac control...on or off

Well now, that's hard to say. If you have it off and you spin on launch and he dosen't, then you already behind. In that case, leaving it on would be better. But, if you know how to launch and are good at shifting, I'd say take it off.

Dave...
Old 08-15-2005, 02:53 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

i never really touch it...then again i absoulty refuse to race anyone..dont wanna damage my excellent car or get a ticket...i always leave it on in the rain, helps prevent accidental slipping and sliding
Old 08-15-2005, 03:06 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

Mine is always off except in the rain.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:13 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I never drive my car in the rain, and am pretty good at launching. Plus, I always prefer a little tire squeal in 2nd, and am never against hanging the rear end out a little around corners. Thus - I ALWAYS turn mine off.

So that brings up another question. Anybody know if you can change the default setting, so it is off automatically every time the car is turned on??

Old 08-15-2005, 04:27 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Should be able to set it up that way with the SCT or Predator tuners.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:30 PM
05vert
1st Gear Member

Not sure about SCT or SCT2, the Predator can definitely do it.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:46 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

SCT can as long as its programed to do so.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:49 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

you defintalyl can feel when the trac control works..ive never tried it in snow yet...if i get stuck at work when it is snowing i will leave my car in teh parking garage and take the train home..i know it will be safe because it is private property and garage is video taped..no going in or out without a employee badge
Old 08-15-2005, 07:03 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Trac Control will help you keep "hooked up" under strong accel. Also help you conserve your tires. My current financial condition favours tire conservation. [:@]

I have Screaming Yellow GT. Even with Trac Control on all the time I keep getting a black "haze" on the rear end of the car. My buddy tells me it is my tires going away.

I have a tire depth gauge. 5.6k miles on the car. Been wanting to rotate tires, still trying to decide on a good lift point on the rear with a "service jack". But, my depth gauge tell me that my rear tires are wearing faster than the fronts for sure.

Damn car just sounds SO NEAT when you are accelerting! One fun thing? Tunnels and underground garages! Enclosed sections of freeways and such.

Quick Reply: Trac control...on or off