Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION Fellow Mustangers

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 04:19 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Default ATTENTION Fellow Mustangers

I picked up the new Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine. The headline on the front of the magazine is as read " WARNING Can Government Officials Ban Performance". I dont think they can but with the new administration really pulling for hybrid cars it is something to take into consideration. This magazine will give you some information about what they are trying to do as far as banning certain things. It looks like to me that they are just not knowledgeable about modding for performance. For me it really hit home as i enjoy doing things to my car and making it my OWN. I am all for making engines run cleaner and more gas mileage but not to take it so far that a guy cant build more horsepower. However i do think with todays technology it does push the makers to build more efficient cars. How awesome is that to have a car get 25mpg and pull 400hp. Damn cool in my book. So anyway here is a link from the magazine article www.semasan.com. Its very informative and will give u contacts with senators to express your concerns. I encourage all of u take part in this.

Some of u have known me to be on this forum for a few years now but ever since they started letting ads on are posts my account has gotten screwed. My old ID was joutcelt and so I had to create a new one. Thought Id let u guys know that so u dont think this is some crazy site to get u on there. BTW SEMA is a big part of this article so pleae take a look at it. Thanks guys and enjoy modding.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:24 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

have you ever heard of vehicle inspections? They have been telling us what we can do for a long time. Inspections are governed under state law, the federal regulations only apply to the OEMs, not the actual car owners. So as long as you live in a non-inspection state you will be able to mod anything you want.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:36 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
have you ever heard of vehicle inspections? They have been telling us what we can do for a long time.
+1

Glad I'm moving to a mod fun state.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Everyone move to Florida, we have no state inspections here.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:13 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Actually, I am a bit of a radical thinker. Here is what I would like to see: A hybrid 'Stang GT with a 5.4L supercharged GT500 engine turning a mega-alternator! Have the appropriate electronics controls, have a 20in traction motor at each wheel, basically, the rim is the traction motor with just a tire on it, and you get instantaneous torque at the line!

Will such a set-up be fuel efficient like a hybrid is supposed to be? HELL NO! But will 1000 combined engine & traction motor BHP at the wheels be possible? YES!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

It's all about kansas bro, nobody gives a **** about the environment...no liberals to ruin all the fun...damn hippies driving priuses and insights....terrible
Old 09-30-2010, 09:52 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

So yea Im well aware of vehicle inspections and just b/c ur state does not inspect now they could in the future if you dont get involved. I thought id be nice and spread the word for people to take a bit of their time and keep up with whats going on within our governing body.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:24 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
So yea Im well aware of vehicle inspections and just b/c ur state does not inspect now they could in the future if you dont get involved. I thought id be nice and spread the word for people to take a bit of their time and keep up with whats going on within our governing body.
Really I'm not trying to give you crap, but you made mention of 'this new administration.' The federal government has no power over what a consumer does with their vehicle. Roads and everything on them will forever be regulated by state governments. I also don't think if a state wanted to add inspections that anyone would vote for it, it is just a direct cost to themselves with no benefit whatsoever.

Thanks for the post, but don't give into fear mongering.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:29 AM
MOEMONEYGT

I have a Hybrid I burn rubber and gas. Ill save the enviroment in other ways.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:26 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
Everyone move to Florida, we have no state inspections here.
+1, no emissions or anything lol.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION Fellow Mustangers