Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Headunit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:57 PM
soon2bu
2nd Gear Member

Just throwing this out there because it's cheap. Sony has a new touch screen system that sells for about $350 shipped on ebay. I don't recall if it has a ****, but it does have ipod capability, and I'm sure the quality coming from Sony will be great. It looks sick too.

I forgot the model number, sorry man.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:14 PM
07 Showstopper
2nd Gear Member

Yeah bro I saw that one when I was looking around, reviews said it had a laggy touch screen so im not sure
Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
07 Showstopper
2nd Gear Member

But I mean I'm not really sure if I should just replace my broken shaker500 with a new shaker500 or shaker1000 and then upgrade the speakers and add subs or something or if I should pull the trigger on a new headunit. My real concern is lag time and ease of use. I listen to music almost all the time in my car so I really need to make the right decision.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

i was in your situation a little while ago, looked into pioneer too and went with a kenwood DNX6160...you get much more for your money in my opinion...

let me know if you'd like me to make a vid so you can see the features and stuff, i have had no problems at all and love everything about it...comes with a garmin GPS, parrot bluetooth and loads more...(did i mention its a touch screen with a volume ****?)

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...gation/DNX6160
Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I have this in my GT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84A9Q...eature=related

I love it. And inexpensive and easy to use. Let's you connect your ipod/iPhone and also GPS, Satellite ready, and also, hands free calling. (If you have an iPhone 4, the Voice Command feature works JUST like the Ford Sync system)
Old 10-19-2010, 11:36 PM
07 Showstopper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
i was in your situation a little while ago, looked into pioneer too and went with a kenwood DNX6160...you get much more for your money in my opinion...

let me know if you'd like me to make a vid so you can see the features and stuff, i have had no problems at all and love everything about it...comes with a garmin GPS, parrot bluetooth and loads more...(did i mention its a touch screen with a volume ****?)

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...gation/DNX6160
Yeah bro that unit looks sick. Hows the boot up time? And the ipod connectivity? And also hows the sound quality? And definately a plus on the volume **** Is there a noticible difference between it and the shaker?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:24 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

it takes about 15 secs to boot up and the ipod connectivity is great and a MUCH BETTER LOOK OVERALL!!!(can play dvds when parking brake is engaged, haha)...as far as the sound quality i think it sounds much better, not as much bass in the rear but much better overall. the best way i can describe it is "my speakers came alive"...i love the quality the only neg. i can think of is scrolling through the ipod(i have 46 GB of music) but that's easily fixed when you make a playlist. also i had them run the ipod connecting cord up into my center console so it's hidden away, which i love. i would recommend it to anyone
Old 10-20-2010, 01:21 AM
KXRM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Showstopper
So if you turn it off then back on while driving does it have to reboot all over again? And how do you change the volume on it? Oh and hows it with ipod connectivity? Any lag with that? And is the touch screen nice and easy to mange or does it make you want to punch it? Im not patient with technology that doesnt work lol. Sorry for all the questions
No, it only does the boot up when you start the car. The volume is controlled by two of the buttons below the screen. Ipod connectivity is great, in fact they bypass the ipod cable for audio so you can get album art and all the metadata on screen with 0 lag. One of the number one reason I got it for my '06 was because it had the best UI I have seen in an aftermarket unit. It really looked like it came with the car. Very professional and clean and easy to use. The other great feature is you can customize the home screen with whatever functions you want quick access to. GPS in the unit was pretty flawless as well. I honestly don't think you can do much better for the money. The new myFord stuff looks to have a similar feel so your UI will look very modern.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

any reason the Pioneer only list?

I have my little eye on the Kenwood DDX616. Runs about $400-450 shipped on Amazon.Com

Does all of the same stuff...but doesn't carry the Pioneer name cost. That is going to replace my Shaker 1,000 when I get back from my next deployment...unless the newer version of it is out
Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

If u want short boot time, great interface that allows u to run your ipod from the touch screen then i suggest alpine as they seem to deal with ipod extensively. My boot time is maybe 5 seconds where many are 10 or more. Main reason i went with the alpine. Never freezes. I have gps with it and it works great as well. There is a kit u can buy in order to allow urself to operate will driving. The only draw back is the price but if u want that quick boot time and no problems then i guess u have to pay for it. No **** for the volume just two buttons.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Headunit!!!