Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed no longer free shipping

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I don't know, for me, the "free shipping" never played much of a factor when I used Brenspeed to buy items. The biggest selling point for me is the depth and length of expertise they have with these cars. As siggy said, nothing was ever "free", and it isn't "free" anywhere else like AM either. Brenspeed has never been one of the straight up cheapest places to buy parts from anyway. Their support and expertise has always been what you pay for, and those things are not easy to come by. Not everything you buy is tangible goods...
Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Working in retail for many years I can tell you they were more than likley paying alot more then .40 for an oil filter, I would venture anywhere from $1.50 to $2.00 and maybe even more. The metal alone on an oil filter costs more then .40 cents.

With that out of the way, I think it is just rude that people want super discounts, great customer service and want free shipping on top. The carriers keep uping their prices, I know I was informed by fed ex that there was going to be a 5.9% rate increase come January 2011. How do you expect places like Brenspeed to survive if they are taking a loss on a large portion of items they are selling?

Yes they make some large profit on some things, but it is not pure profit, calculate costs to pay employees, health insurance, rent/morgauge plus energy costs and their profit is cut into big time.

Dont get me wrong, I love to see free shipping, but when you are buying an item anywhere between $5 to $100 you should not expect free shipping unless you are buying that item with another item.

Originally Posted by Menace
Wow lots of negative posts. Like I said brenspeed and free shipping were one of their biggest selling points and we shop online for deals, or else we would just go to a store or buy from a dealership so for those who like paying $15 for shipping then I'm happy for you. A good point was made with the freight items, and I'm not sure how brenspeed or am do it and make money but being in retail I can tell you they are getting that $5 oil filter for like .40 and selling it for $5, retail doesn't work if they don't make money to cover expenses plus profit. Even when people give out discounts or sales, they are still making money that is just the way the cookie crumbles. It just sucks to spoil a good thing for so many years but as they say all good things have to come to an end sometime.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:06 PM
PistolPez73
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
I don't know, for me, the "free shipping" never played much of a factor when I used Brenspeed to buy items. The biggest selling point for me is the depth and length of expertise they have with these cars. As siggy said, nothing was ever "free", and it isn't "free" anywhere else like AM either. Brenspeed has never been one of the straight up cheapest places to buy parts from anyway. Their support and expertise has always been what you pay for, and those things are not easy to come by. Not everything you buy is tangible goods...
I agree 100%. I never allow the "free shipping" card to sway my decision. A shipping charge is a small price to pay when I know that a company will continue to support me after the sale. I've dealt with many, many companies over the years and one thing I've learned is that when you find a company like Brenspeed there should be no hesitation in purchasing through them even if you have to pay a shipping charge. Their service, support and expertise is worth the $15 alone. I've been a loyal Brenspeed customer since I got my mustang 3 years ago and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:54 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Times are tough and companies have to adapt or they will quickly go under. They offered free shipping since it was a cost they could absorb over the grand scheme of the whole business, but with all the various surcharges, especially in fuel, that these shipping companies charge, they probably have no alternative but to collect a bit back just to survive. I havent bought much from them because I can find anything I need here in SOCAL, but have never heard anything bad about them so I wouldnt hold this against them.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:48 PM
StangNinja
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
Wow lots of negative posts. Like I said brenspeed and free shipping were one of their biggest selling points and we shop online for deals, or else we would just go to a store or buy from a dealership so for those who like paying $15 for shipping then I'm happy for you. A good point was made with the freight items, and I'm not sure how brenspeed or am do it and make money but being in retail I can tell you they are getting that $5 oil filter for like .40 and selling it for $5, retail doesn't work if they don't make money to cover expenses plus profit. Even when people give out discounts or sales, they are still making money that is just the way the cookie crumbles. It just sucks to spoil a good thing for so many years but as they say all good things have to come to an end sometime.
+1 Free shipping is one of the selling points I always look for. I agree online shopping is about a deal and when you add on $15 to ship that negates any deals. I use Brenspeed for my tunes and think they are a great company but if I just need a non-tunable part I'm more likely to use AM or Stage3. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:31 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

see i also have to pay sales tax since i live in IN. so a $100 item is now closer to 122 with shipping and tax. i cant fault them for the sales tax nor the shipping costs that increase from UPS/fedex just makes it more than stage 3 and AM on many items that are tax free and free shipping still and BOTH still have a 6% discount from them too
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Not an issue, IMO. I've dealt extensively with Brenspeed as I've purchased many parts online as well as made 2 trips to their installation facility (I'm from Minnsota). $15 is completely worth what I get in addition to my parts.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:22 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
see i also have to pay sales tax since i live in IN. so a $100 item is now closer to 122 with shipping and tax. i cant fault them for the sales tax nor the shipping costs that increase from UPS/fedex just makes it more than stage 3 and AM on many items that are tax free and free shipping still and BOTH still have a 6% discount from them too
The 6% discount makes a difference.

I suppose I'm one of the rare people who had a bad experience with Brenspeed. They sent me a product they knew was substandard (they had opened it prior to shipping and admitted "they are all like that because we checked all of our inventory after we had a complaint"). Anyway I had to pay $40 to ship a set of crappy headers back. The kicker is I wasn't even considering Brenspeed for my header purchase. One of their employees pm'd me after seeing a thread I had started and convinced me what I was interested in was crap and they had the good stuff. Live and learn.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:04 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I've had nothing but good experieces with them, and will not hold it against them if they had to begin charging a small shipping fee. Times are tough for so many these days. Brenspeed is still heads above AM in product knowledge, and service.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:08 PM
07 Showstopper
2nd Gear Member

Both AM and brenspeed are awesome though. Sucks to pay shipping but when you pay $15 to ship a set of wheels, you still win.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed no longer free shipping