Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed no longer free shipping

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

American Muscle is awesome, I've bought TONS of stuff from there. Aside from the Bama/tuning crew over there, they do not have nearly the overall breadth of knowledge that Brenspeed does I don't think. I consider these 2 vendors to be the top-of-the-line for Mustang parts, and will continue to use both where it makes sense.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:23 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Flat rate shipping has it's pro's and con's.. It CAN be frustrating when you just need that one item. At least there are multiple vendors to choose from. I'm not exactly thrilled at the change but I can't blame them do to this sluggish economy and inflation.

Either buy in bulk (which may not realistically apply to automotive parts) or make up by doing a large purchase where $15 would more than cover the cost of shipping of the item(s).
Old 10-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
see i also have to pay sales tax since i live in IN. so a $100 item is now closer to 122 with shipping and tax. i cant fault them for the sales tax nor the shipping costs that increase from UPS/fedex just makes it more than stage 3 and AM on many items that are tax free and free shipping still and BOTH still have a 6% discount from them too
that I can understand. and I would do the exact same thing.

I guess alot of people don't realize exactly how much shipping actually costs these days.
Many companies stupidly lock themselves into contracts with UPS or Fed-Ex. Supposedly this saves them money long term, but I don't see how. They are forced to use that 1 company to ship items at a "Lower Rate".

Sadly, many companies don't realize that the USPS is often times cheaper and faster than any other Shipping Company. Being out here in Hawaii, I have learned the hard way which Shipping companies are worth using.
To date, only Fed-Ex and USPS are worth a damn. I am honestly surprised that UPS stays in business with their outrageous fees and slow shipping times.
That went off track......but yeah, buy a set of LT's or other similar item that is sorta bulky or large from someone private party. You'll be quickly wishing they offered Brenspeeds $15 shipping.

btw, @ Bruce...were those Pypes LT's? I am going to be buying a set in the next 1-2 months. But I'm gunshy. My Pypes Muffler Deletes were/still are a major PITA to fit-up. I want the best price possible, but I'm willing to pay the extra $ for a better fitment
Old 10-30-2010, 09:25 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
that I can understand. and I would do the exact same thing.

I guess alot of people don't realize exactly how much shipping actually costs these days.
Many companies stupidly lock themselves into contracts with UPS or Fed-Ex. Supposedly this saves them money long term, but I don't see how. They are forced to use that 1 company to ship items at a "Lower Rate".

Sadly, many companies don't realize that the USPS is often times cheaper and faster than any other Shipping Company. Being out here in Hawaii, I have learned the hard way which Shipping companies are worth using.
To date, only Fed-Ex and USPS are worth a damn. I am honestly surprised that UPS stays in business with their outrageous fees and slow shipping times.
That went off track......but yeah, buy a set of LT's or other similar item that is sorta bulky or large from someone private party. You'll be quickly wishing they offered Brenspeeds $15 shipping.

btw, @ Bruce...were those Pypes LT's? I am going to be buying a set in the next 1-2 months. But I'm gunshy. My Pypes Muffler Deletes were/still are a major PITA to fit-up. I want the best price possible, but I'm willing to pay the extra $ for a better fitment
No, they were bbk ceramic shorties. I had started a thread asking about jba and one of the brenspeed guys who used to post here sometimes pm'd me that they weren't any good but they had the good stuff in bbk. I have to say I was really disappointed. Welding slag and splatter all over, rust, uneven ceramic coating, poor quality welds, they looked like seconds. The package had been opened and retaped a few times, it was obvious these had been returned. Sorry, I started going into it again, I'll stop. I'd do some research if I was you and remember it's going to be a pita job so get the good stuff. ARH has a good rep and frpp is now selling arh longtubes that are rebranded as frpp. That says alot to me because frpp only sells quality products imo.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:51 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

C'mon people, it's $15. Who cares? If someone is so tight that $15 makes a difference, then you probably shouldn't be buying parts like headers, blowers, etc. for your Mustang anyway.

For filters, etc., get them somewhere else if the flat rate bothers you.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:03 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kenthicken
C'mon people, it's $15. Who cares? If someone is so tight that $15 makes a difference, then you probably shouldn't be buying parts like headers, blowers, etc. for your Mustang anyway.

For filters, etc., get them somewhere else if the flat rate bothers you.
Exactly.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:05 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by BruceH
No, they were bbk ceramic shorties. I had started a thread asking about jba and one of the brenspeed guys who used to post here sometimes pm'd me that they weren't any good but they had the good stuff in bbk. I have to say I was really disappointed. Welding slag and splatter all over, rust, uneven ceramic coating, poor quality welds, they looked like seconds. The package had been opened and retaped a few times, it was obvious these had been returned. Sorry, I started going into it again, I'll stop. I'd do some research if I was you and remember it's going to be a pita job so get the good stuff. ARH has a good rep and frpp is now selling arh longtubes that are rebranded as frpp. That says alot to me because frpp only sells quality products imo.
agreed the ARH are great in all respects
Old 10-30-2010, 10:37 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I have dealt with brenspeed a few times for major things i have done to my car. As I would say when it comes to information and installing a product such as a supercharger or gears then brenspeed is hands down the best. I have ordered a few other small items from them such as a gauge pillar, and oil seperator as of recently. There prices for those items were very comparable to other places but i think i got them before the 15 dollar charge. I think for me if its a product that i can install myself then i surely browse on the net to find who has the best price but then when i order my go parts. Its always been through them.

I have thought about trying to AM tunes but I have heard that the customer support from his past company wasnt all that great. For me thats a red flag. I'll stick with what i know and trust
Old 10-31-2010, 12:25 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

The customer support from AM concerning the tunes nowadays is excellent...
Old 10-31-2010, 10:36 AM
projectbrembo
2nd Gear Member

Stage3motorsports has free shipping still.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed no longer free shipping