Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion on TSB

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by soon2bu
Just curious, are the endlinks easily accessible by simply removing the rims only? Thanks.
They sure are, but as much as people on here swear that's 95% of all front end clunking is mistaken.

Trust me, I doubt anyone on any of these sites have put as much time, experimentation, and money into the clunk fix all as I have.

go with the new -B upper strut mounts or you will never have a silent front end, period! The ones who say the Steeda HD mounts are silent are simply comparing the way their car sounds now versus the way it sounded when they had a -A mount on the car.

Steeda mounts repair the "popping" noise while turning, not the "clunking" sound from bumps.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:20 PM
soon2bu
2nd Gear Member

It doesn't sound like it came from the endlinks, but since that is the easiest and most cost efficient problem to troubleshoot, I will do that.

Otherwise, I'll have to shop around for newer strut mounts, and find somewhere to install for fairly cheap.

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Cavero

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
They sure are, but as much as people on here swear that's 95% of all front end clunking is mistaken.

Trust me, I doubt anyone on any of these sites have put as much time, experimentation, and money into the clunk fix all as I have.

go with the new -B upper strut mounts or you will never have a silent front end, period! The ones who say the Steeda HD mounts are silent are simply comparing the way their car sounds now versus the way it sounded when they had a -A mount on the car.

Steeda mounts repair the "popping" noise while turning, not the "clunking" sound from bumps.
Actually, I had been hearing about people experiencing strut mount popping for a while so when I put in my Steeda sport springs, I went straight from stock springs on stock mounts (no noise) to the Steeda HD mounts on steeda springs. I didn't have any more noise than I did when I was stock. I had a couple times where the upper strut mount nut started loosening which resulted in a 'pop' or clunk going over speed bumps, but once I torqued them back down and added some locktite for good measure, the sound never came back.

The swaybar clunk I was getting from the loose endlinks would not only happen on bumps, but also sharp turns (like swerving to avoid something)