Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Microsoft Sync issues!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:27 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Thanks man, appreciate it bro.

I think your car would look friggin sexy with the CS front end and the grille I have on my V6. It is very amazing to me how a simple stripe package and a new grille/valence will completely transform the look of a car.

On a side note, I was actually going to get a 2010 V6 Grabber blue with an almost identical stripe package...but it was a manual and a 2010. Grabber blue is an amazing color.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:09 PM
gothand
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Personally, although I know it might require buying something new, I decided to use one of my flash drives instead of keeping my Zune attached to the car. So far I haven't had any playback issues at all and it's small and convenient to keep plugged into the USB port.
Just did this yesterday. Been streaming my tunes without much problem from my iPhone but it doesn't let you change songs trough audio prompts with bluetooth. Have to connect it to USB for that, though it gets the notorius 'skip' that I've read about on the SYNC forums. Went to Fry's and picked up a 'mini' USB flash drive with works great. What makes is 'mini' is that it only sticks out 1/8" when inserted so you don't have to worry about busting it off when getting in and out of the console. I picked up an 8gb drive for $22 and loaded up what I could of my 30GB of music. It is plenty for now and I'll just move new albums in when I feel like it.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:07 AM
tjace34
1st Gear Member

I leave my Zune HD in the car always......I have noticed your issue a few times with my car....sometimes after you start it ...it does not sync up with the zune or the phone...I even try pressing the correct buttons with no response....but if you wait a few minutes then press the phone button to sync your phone it will....then push button to sync your USB.....it has always worked for me.....basically seems like you have to wait a few minutes after you start the car for it to sync up to USB and phone. Hope that helps.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:48 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Hmm, I will try that today, hopefully it works for me too.

Thanks for your help man.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:51 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

seems the ipod works best, i mean most compatible, thats why i phone works well i guess
Old 11-01-2010, 06:09 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Hmm, the other day when I was at the Ford Dealer they told me the Apple Iphone was giving Sync the MOST problems out of all the Mp3 Players. they told me people would come in to the shop with Sync system frozen because of using a IPhone and having it lock up the system.

The funny thing about my Zune-HD not working with Sync is that Microsoft created BOTH Zune-HD AND the Ford Sync System.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:40 AM
sharpshaun91
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Personally, although I know it might require buying something new, I decided to use one of my flash drives instead of keeping my Zune attached to the car. So far I haven't had any playback issues at all and it's small and convenient to keep plugged into the USB port.
+1 I was using my Sansa player and left it plugged in, and it would lock up sync and the player, I have now switched to using a thumb drive and leave it plugged in all the time and have had no more issues with it. I don't switch to satellite or anything when I turn off the car either, when I get in my car and start it, the music starts right up every time now.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Slickvic_
1st Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by theACE
Hmm, The funny thing about my Zune-HD not working with Sync is that Microsoft created BOTH Zune-HD AND the Ford Sync System.
Although this sounds logical on paper, the same engineers did not work on the Zune and Sync.

So all bets are off even though the Microsoft name is on both products.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:55 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

I see what you mean Slickvic_. Kinda stupid, but makes sense.

I think I am just going to get that USB drive, I am tired of fooling around with this nonsense. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Showtime'85

Disconnect the negative battery terminal for two min. Usually works for me.

Quick Reply: Microsoft Sync issues!