Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I kinda like
Old 11-22-2010, 10:45 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

They would probably also be a good performance wheel since they are light
Old 11-23-2010, 07:00 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Get what appeals to YOU, NOT the forum. No problem asking for opinions but just be sure it's YOUR decision.

That being said, you should buy a cast wheel in brushed finish. No chrome. And certainly no bigger than 18". That's my opinion and if you don't follow it I won't help you pick out what to wear for Christmas.

BTW, tirerack.com has an app that allows you to see what their wheels look like on your make/model/color car. It helped me rule out certain wheel styles.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Choosing wheels can be tough as it is hard to visualize what they will look like installed on YOUR car, so you might want to consider taking a side profile shot of your car and then have some of your final choices photo chopped. I used this approach and still was not 100% happy once they were installed.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I am going to get rims for Christmas instead of the roush front fascia, as I kind of like my cdc chin. I was wondering if you guys could give me any suggestions on rims that would look really good on my car. I am not sure if chrome would look good with all the black, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also I am going to lower it when I install the rims if that helps.
The best suggestion I can make is to do the photoshop thing. If you don't have PS, the same thing can be accomplished with Photo Editor and probably Picture manager, pasting and resizing on top of your side view picture.

Anyway, after you've put however many side view pics together, don't even look at them for at least a couple of days. Stop looking at wheels, don't talk or post about them, try to forget about them altogether, and let your mind clear. Then go back to the pics. I bet you'll shorten the list of contenders, maybe even narrow it down to one. Repeat if necessary after tossing out the ones that you know aren't in contention any longer.

Norm
Old 11-23-2010, 10:02 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I think the photoshopping idea sounds pretty good. I am going to give it a try with a few different ones
Old 11-24-2010, 11:10 AM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

IMO the grabber blue needs a dark colored wheel... gun metal or black. Like the other said though, you have to be happy with it in the end. There are plenty of good choices out there. Most of the time I dont like 18" tho... but that also depends on your suspension drop...
Old 11-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I am going to get rims for Christmas instead of the roush front fascia, as I kind of like my cdc chin. I was wondering if you guys could give me any suggestions on rims that would look really good on my car. I am not sure if chrome would look good with all the black, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also I am going to lower it when I install the rims if that helps.
With your color of car i would choose a dark colored wheel. The contrast will be great. As for the wheels them selves, what do you prefer 5 spokes? 7 spokes? 12 spokes?

How far are your lowering it?
Old 11-24-2010, 11:25 AM
JeremyAlan
2nd Gear Member

pure sex^^
black looks good with your color combo imo.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

^ +1111 on those wheels and color

Quick Reply: Suggestions please