Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealership delima

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 03:09 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Default dealership delima

I just had my rear brakes done at the dealership, got it back and now there is a terrible squeaking noise coming from the rear brakes, so I took it back in and the said the pads had developed a glaze, supposedly they fixed it, went to pick it up and guess what still squeaks, take it back again, this time they say that it is squeaking from the painted calipers. My calipers have been painted almost since I have owned the car, they did not squeak before they did the brake job so why would the paint make the new brake job squeak. Anybody else ever hear of caliper paint making the breaks squeak?
Old 11-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Nope...dealer is full of ****...take it back.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:15 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

yea, kinda what i thought, they cant figure it out and they dont want to put new pads back on it so they want to make it my fault.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Shock521
2nd Gear Member

yeah definitely bs, take it back and make them fix it the way it should be
Old 11-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

No dilemna. Rant, rave and look like a man about to rip someones head off and chit down their neck. Ask them if they think 3 times is a strike out and would THEY put up with that ineptitude? Ask for a real mechanic and not one of their drop-out monkeys.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:33 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Wow, what a load of crap. This is why I do my own work. There is simply too many dealerships you cannot trust. And I don't say that as a slight on the OP as I realize many are in a situation where they don't have the time or space to do their own work. I've just had enough bad experiences with dealers that I've given up on them for any type of good mechanical work or diagnosis.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:35 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

They didnt 'bed' the new pads or deglaze the
rotors before the installation.
http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/hps.php
I just replaced my rear axle bearings and seals and did the
brake pads at the same time. I deglazed the rotors with
a DA sander and bedded the new brake pads. No squeel at all...
Brakes dont squeel for no reason if they are repaired right.
Dealership FAIL.
One more reason the stealership is not the place to go for repairs.
Dont put up with sub-par repairs.

The painted calipers response is a load of C R A P.
I would not give them the chance to touch my vehicle ever again,
even to try and fix the problem. If they could not do it the first
time, the second time will not be any better.

Last edited by 157dB; 11-26-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:48 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I've love to hear their technical ASE certified explanation of how painted calipers make the brakes squeal. Since Brembo's and Shelby's have powder coated Calipers I guess it's just a paint issue and not powder coating.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:43 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TEXASGT/CS
...hey say that it is squeaking from the painted calipers. My calipers have been painted almost since I have owned the car, they did not squeak before they did the brake job so why would the paint make the new brake job squeak. Anybody else ever hear of caliper paint making the breaks squeak?
Paint on the calipers have absolutely no bearing on brake squeaking. Even if you get paint into the brake piston some how, they still will not squeak. And of course, you did not pant the pads or the rotors.

You might have grounds to file a complaint with Ford's customer relations. That tech is absolutely full of S***
Old 11-26-2010, 11:02 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by TEXASGT/CS
I just had my rear brakes done at the dealership, got it back and now there is a terrible squeaking noise coming from the rear brakes, so I took it back in and the said the pads had developed a glaze, supposedly they fixed it, went to pick it up and guess what still squeaks, take it back again, this time they say that it is squeaking from the painted calipers. My calipers have been painted almost since I have owned the car, they did not squeak before they did the brake job so why would the paint make the new brake job squeak. Anybody else ever hear of caliper paint making the breaks squeak?
Hi TEXASGT/CS,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I am sorry your Mustang keeps having this squeaking on the breaks. I know this can be very frustrating. I would like to see how I can be of assistance. If you would like me to, please PM me your VIN, dealer information and your contact information so I can check on any recalls or customer satisfaction programs available and also get this properly documented. I would like to help.

Deysha

Quick Reply: dealership delima