Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am now supercharged with a SALEEN!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 03:10 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Sweet! Bring it down here to Mississippi. It'll be 70 on Saturday and we'll she what she's got!

Enjoy!
MUST BE NICE TO LIVE THERE
Old 12-02-2010, 03:24 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the new mod. They installed my whipple last summer while my kids and I stayed in their guest house. They are a great company to work with for sure. Hope the weather clears so you can go play with it.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:54 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
thanks bro!! its a very nice change of pace. shall i deliver those dues via stang
I was thinking a money order but I guess via Pony Express is okay as well. You'll certainly get here faster than before.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:36 PM
rydeordie
3rd Gear Member

Congrats!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:03 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Awesome numbers and great kit.. I want that same one!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Awesome numbers and great kit.. I want that same one!
So are u selling the vortech. I asked about driving this supercharger in the winter and he said it would be fine. Apparently Vortech made it so that the gears do not sit in oil like they do with the saleen or the other superchargers. Chandler said that the vortech some how flips oil onto the gears as there way of keeping the gears lubricated. But that was oneo of the questions i had about this kit and wanted to know why vortechs were that way. So far so good and I think u should do this kit. u would love it
Old 12-03-2010, 10:04 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Congrats and welcome to the FI club
Old 12-04-2010, 01:34 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

thanks charliebrown
Old 12-04-2010, 02:23 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Dude that is awesome. $200 for a SC install, outstanding!!! Brenspeed would be one of the few companies I would trust to work on my car. Huge score, congrats. Need some video when your weather clears. Did your exhaust note change after the install? Mine actually did, at idle and at WOT it seems to overpower the mufflers now. Did they tell you get get rid of the ceramic hf cats?
Old 12-04-2010, 05:29 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
So are u selling the vortech. I asked about driving this supercharger in the winter and he said it would be fine. Apparently Vortech made it so that the gears do not sit in oil like they do with the saleen or the other superchargers. Chandler said that the vortech some how flips oil onto the gears as there way of keeping the gears lubricated. But that was oneo of the questions i had about this kit and wanted to know why vortechs were that way. So far so good and I think u should do this kit. u would love it
From what I gather, it has more to do with how aluminum reacts in extreme cold ( expands), thus contracting it's internal workings (gears, bearing housings etc.) and right as it cranks during in this state during the blistering cold (-25/-45) it simply eats up the gearing alive! Sucks.. I know.

So I just take off the blower for now, I may just keep it afterall.. Once I install the intercooler and up it to 10 psi, I'll be sitting happy with 420-430whp and about 450whp with cams. I can live without the blower during winter, so I am happy lulz

I drive around this winter, being glad I don't have the extra power to the wheels because I'd be spinning all over the place! lol

Quick Reply: I am now supercharged with a SALEEN!!